Plastics from DuPont
DuPont offers the Plastics Industry a unique combination of material science, world class production, innovative design and hands-on industry support.
We drive market innovations through our strong heritage in polymer science, and are dedicated to solving real customer problems.
Today you need more from your suppliers than just materials. You need a resource that can carry a project from concept to commercialization. DuPont can be that partner. We offer you properties and benefits that are important to giving your products that extra competitive edge.
- DuPont™ Sorona®
- Kevlar® brand
- Bynel® Coextrudable Adhesive Resin
- Delrin® acetal resin
- Vespel® Parts & Shapes
- Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer parts
- Rynite® PET Polyester Resin
- Crastin® PBT Thermoplastic Polyester Resin
- Hytrel® TPC-ET thermoplastic polyester elastomer
- Zytel® nylon resin
- Appeel® Peelable Sealant Resin
- Elvaloy® Modifier Resin
Delrin® Enhances Disposable Insulin Pen
Geneva, February 2016 – A leading global pharmaceutical company is using a low friction, impact-resistant grade of Delrin® acetal homopolymer resin for two components in a new insulin pen.
Zytel® HTN polymer capacity in Germany
Geneva, Switzerland, Jan. 28, 2016 - DuPont Performance Materials announced today that it is investing in DuPont™ Zytel® HTN PPA polymer capacity at its Uentrop facility in Hamm, Germany. This will be the first Zytel® HTN polymer production facility in Europe.
- New DuPont™ Kalrez® Spectrum™ Stands up to Gas Sweetening Processes
DuPont Polymers used in SPE Award-Winning Vehicles
DETROIT, Dec. 16, 2015 – Four different DuPont polymers were featured in vehicle components that earned 2016 Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE®) Automotive Innovation Awards.
DuPont Automotive Captures Powertrain Innovation Award
DETROIT, Nov. 12, 2015 – Honda, Delphi Automotive and DuPont Automotive captured the most innovative use of plastics award in the powertrain category at last night’s 45th Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE®) Automotive Innovation Awards Competition & Gala. The team was awarded for the development of the Delphi Multec® 3.5 Heated Tip Port Fuel Injector used on the Honda Fit and Honda City vehicles sold in Brazil to improve cold-start performance in ethanol-fueled vehicles.
New DuPont™ Zytel® HTN Grade Helps Make Precise USB Type-C 3.1 Connectors
SHANGHAI, Dec. 9, 2015 – DuPont™ Zytel® HTN high-performance polyamide resin has been selected for use in reversible-plug USB Type-C connectors, which are forecast to replace Type-A and Type-B connectors and rule as the universal port for all devices, including desktops, laptops and mobile phones.
DuPont Leaders Tout Biopolymers and Technology for Improved Sustainability
WILMINGTON, Del., Dec. 7, 2015 – DuPont bio-based, engineering grade polymers have been used in many components that have earned innovation and sustainability awards, including this radiator end tank.
- INTERPLASTICA 2016
- DuPont Received Global Supplier Award 2015 from MAHLE Filtration and Engine Peripherals
- Daimler AG Replaces Metal with DuPont™ Zytel® Polyamide in Engine Brackets
- Continental Uses DuPont™ Crastin® Super Fast PBT for new Contactless Position Sensor Housing
- DuPont Protection Technologies Reaffirms Commitment to Defend Aggressively Against Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Medical Device Materials
- Chassis suspension Systems
Sorona® for Automotive Carpet
When the design objective is durable, beautiful, fast-drying, stain-resistant automotive carpet, the more sustainable alternative to petroleum-based products is DuPont™ Sorona®. High-performance Sorona® fiber contains 37% renewably-sourced, plant-based content by weight and consumes less non-renewable energy during manufacture than nylon 6.
- Sorona® for Performance Fabrics
- Seafood and Meat Packaging
- Cosmetics Packaging Materials - The Gallery
- Polymers for Oil and Gas
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings