New Zytel® HTN Offering for SMT Connectors and Electrical Components
Zytel® HTN non-halogen, flame-retardant,high-performance polyamide with bio-based content
Geneva, 15 October, 2018 – DuPont Transportation & Advanced Polymers, a newly formed business segment within DowDuPont’s Specialty Products Division, is introducing the new DuPont™ Zytel® HTNFR42G30NH – an innovative non-halogenated flame-retardant high-performance bio-based PPA for SMT (Surface Mount Technology) connectors and a broad range of electrical components. The new material meets the evolving trends for SMT connectors and electrical components, providing an optimal balance of improved performance and safety with increased productivity.
“DuPont continues its commitment to develop next-generation, high-performance materials to meet the increasingly demanding standards and requirements of the industry” said Joe Read, marketing manager EMEA at DuPont T&AP. “This new offering is a great addition to our broad Zytel® polyamide portfolio and is ideally suited to SMT connectors used in the automotive and electronics industries, as well as for customers seeking to replace thermosets in electrical components, such as circuit breakers, with more cost-effective and environmentally-friendly materials.”
Zytel® HTNFR42G30NH provides an alternative to thermosets or more expensive specialty polymers while maintaining ease of processing. Benefits include:
- Cost effectiveness:higher weld-line strength that helps reduce breakage and rejects, lead-free reflow soldering that shows no blistering at temperatures of 280°C, less injection molding machine corrosion and low mold deposits that reduce tool maintenance
- Improved safety: meets UL 94 V0 flammability rating at 0.4 mm, fulfills IEC standard by passing most severe glow wire ignition temperature ratings and high CTI (Comparative Tracking Index) of 600V
- Increased productivity:superior flow allows design flexibility for miniaturization in electrical components and connectors, such as multi-pins, fine pitch and low-height connectors
- Long term reliability: due to relative thermal index at 130°C
- Stable performance in extreme conditions: due to high-melt temperature and low-moisture pickup
Bridging the cost/performance gap between traditional/engineering plastics and higher-priced specialty polymers, Zytel® HTN high-performance polyamide resins are an attractive alternative to metals and thermosets in a wide range of applications.
For more information contact your DuPont sales representative or visit http://www.dupont.com/industries/automotive.html.
About DuPont Transportation & Advanced Polymers
DuPont Transportation & Advanced Polymers (T&AP), a DowDuPont Specialty Products Division business, delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to the transportation, electronics, industrial and consumer markets. T&AP partners with its customers to drive innovation by utilizing its expertise and knowledge in polymer and materials science. T&AP works with customers throughout the value chain to enable material systems solutions for demanding applications and environments.
About DowDuPont Specialty Products Division
DowDuPont Specialty Products, a division of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), is a global innovation leader with technology-based materials, ingredients and solutions that help transform industries and everyday life. Our employees apply diverse science and expertise to help customers advance their best ideas and deliver essential innovations in key markets including electronics, transportation, building and construction, health and wellness, food and worker safety. DowDuPont intends to separate the Specialty Products Division into an independent, publicly traded company. More information can be found www.dow-dupont.com.