DuPont Sustainability Recognition and Awards
Our efforts to deliver innovative and more sustainable solutions have been recognized by many publications and organizations. These accolades motivate us as we continue work toward solutions that address the global challenges of food, energy and protection.
- FORTUNE ranked DuPont among the world’s “Most Admired Companies” in 2011. DuPont was the only company in its industry sector named to the list, which is widely considered to be the definitive measure of corporate performance and reputation.
- Ranked #1 in the materials sector, DuPont was named a Top 10 Best Corporate Citizen by Corporate Responsibility Magazine. Companies were judged on performance in seven categories: environment, climate change, human rights, employee relations, corporate governance, philanthropy and financial.
- The Scientist named DuPont as the No. 1 “Best Place to Work” among large companies in the magazine’s 9th annual survey. Editors at The Scientist noted, “By forging new relationships and finding novel uses for existing technologies, the companies topping this year's survey are employing creative ways to advance science and expand their markets.”
- The Technology Review named DuPont among its Top 50 innovative companies for 2010, citing DuPont for its leadership in advanced biofuels. The Technology Review is published by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Queen Elizabeth II, Head of State of the United Kingdom, awarded a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category to DuPont for the continuous development of DuPont Solamet® photovoltaic metallization paste, a key component in increasing the efficiency of solar cells.
- DuPont was named to the NASDAQ OMX CRD Global Sustainability Index. The Index is comprised of 100 companies that have taken a leadership role in disclosing their carbon footprint, energy usage, water consumption, hazardous and non-hazardous waste, employee safety, workforce diversity and community investing.