Higher Performing Powertrain & Engine System Components
The drive to reduce emissions and improve fuel economy is urgent, making every powertrain and engine system component a candidate to improve efficiency, integrate function, reduce weight and lower cost – areas where DuPont excels.
Materials play a critical role in helping to reduce emissions, boost fuel economy and improve efficiency in powertrain technologies. DuPont offers the broadest portfolio of materials capable of withstanding today’s harsh engine environments and the most experienced and global development staff to ensure solutions developed today are on the road tomorrow.
- Increasing performance in automotive air ducts and turbocharger hoses
- Leading the metals-to-plastics revolution in transmissions and driveline
- Enhanced durability for extreme environments for sealed engine covers
- Improving powertrain efficiency in charged air coolers
- Thermal management through lighter weight engine cooling systems
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Vespel® in Automotive Parts
- Automotive Electronics
- Powertrain & Sensors
- Ceramic-Based Material Solutions for Engine Systems
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Oil Pan and Cylinder Head Cover Gaskets
- Surlyn® for Polymer Modification
- Kevlar® for stronger Brake Pads, Clutches and Gaskets
- Yazaki Underhood Electrical Center Saves Space, Adds Capacity
- Hot Gas Welding and Zytel® Give Bocar Competitive Edge
- Latching Refueling Valve with Low Friction Materials Saves Energy
- Mazda SKYACTIV-D boosted by DuPont plastics
- Bushings in New EGR Valve
Vespel® actuator guide bushings
Vespel® polyimide guide bushings for wastegate actuators provide consistent friction and low wear over the entire life of a turbocharger – even without lubrication in a hot, dirty environment.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Engine Air Management White Paper
- Engine Cooling
- Charge Air Coolers
- Materials for Turbochargers
- Acoustic Engine Cover
- Withstanding Hotter Running Engine
- Boost Automotive Performance
- Air Duct Made of DuPont™ Hytrel®
- Jounce Bumper made of DuPont™ Hytrel®
Innovative Ideas for Metal Replacement
DuPont collaborates with customers worldwide to develop innovative metal replacement applications to make cars, planes and other equipment more fuel- and cost-efficient.
Heat Resistant Plastics
DuPont offers a wide range of heat resistant plastics to replace metal, ceramics and other polymers in uses from automotive engines to oil and gas production.
- Supporting Sustainable Mobility