Innovative Products and Systems for Commercial Construction
At DuPont, our building science plays a large role in making buildings that are safer, sounder, look newer longer and provide greater environmental sustainability.
DuPont Building Envelope Systems help make buildings more durable, energy efficient and comfortable, by providing superior air and moisture management. They are rigorously tested and exceed air barrier standards, helping builders to meet and exceed building and energy codes for commercial buildings.
Specially engineered to be both visually stunning and long-lasting, DuPont™ Corian® solid-surface material and Zodiaq® quartz surfaces come in more than a hundred colors and patterns, and can be custom-cut and installed for limitless design possibilities in commercial construction applications.
PRODUCT AND SERVICE LINES
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Building Envelope Solutions
DuPont Flooring Products
DuPont flooring products like bio-based innovation DuPont™ Sorona® are helping architects and builders establish more sustainable building practices without compromising aesthetics or performance.
- Polymer Additives & Modifiers
Enhance consumer packaging shelf appeal with lightweight, cost-effective DuPont™ Surlyn® for skin and stretch packaging films, a great alternative to blister and clamshell packaging.
- Chemical Protective Garments & Accessories
- Cut Protection
DuPont™ Elvaloy® ketone ethylene ester (KEE) resins help single-ply roofing manufacturers develop rugged, easy-to-install roofing systems that fight weathering and chemical attack.
- Surface Design Materials
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- ProShield® Coveralls
- Tyvek® 400
- DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap® R5.0
- Industrial Gloves made with Kevlar®
Elvaloy® Polymer Modifier
DuPont™ Elvaloy® for polymer modification is used to improve toughness in CPET and APET trays for frozen and refrigerated ready-to-eat meals, as a PVC plasticizer and as a compatibilizer in PET/HDPE recycling.
- Explore the Colors of Corian®
- Corian® DeepColor™ Technology
- Corian® Sinks
- Explore the Colors of Zodiaq®
Tedlar® Protective & Decorative Films
Durable, polyvinyl fluoride films that are used as a long-lasting finish for surfaces exposed to harsh environments.
- DuPont™ Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D
- DuPont™ Sealant For Tyvek® Fluid Applied System
- High-Performance Roofing at Universal Studios
- Corian® renovates an iconic façade in Madrid’s financial center
- Recently renovated Rijksmuseum Amsterdam
- Rehabilitation of a symbolic building in Val-de-Reuil
- Yes! hairdressing salons with Corian® Charging Surface
- Recycling Chemical Containers
- CommercialWrap® D Provides Superior Protection
- Ronald McDonald House® and Tyvek®
- FiberTite® Airport Roof
- Johns Manville PVC Roof Covers New U.S. Bank Stadium
- Johns Manville PVC Roof of Senior Living Complex
- Alwitra PV Roofing Membrane
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Air Leakage Testing
- Controlling Air Leakage
Flame-Resistant Technologies – FRT vs. Inherent
What are the differences between “inherent” and “treated” flame resistant fabrics? Learn how each fabric reacts when exposed to heat, and when flame-resistant properties can be removed.
- Composite Building Panels with HFFR Core Layer
- Building Envelope CEU: Take our new video CEUs right from our site on NFPA 285 and Fluid Applied Air Barrier Membranes.
Where to Buy Information
Find a representative, manufacturer, or distributor; learn more about our products and where to purchase them.
What Keeps You Safe?
“What Keeps You Safe?” PPE videos from DuPont show how heroes in firefighting, military, law enforcement, and emergency response rely on DuPont invention and innovation.
Fluid Applied Weather Barrier Systems for Multifamily Value & Performance
When it comes to fluid applied weather barrier (WB) systems, it’s good to know multifamily architects, specifiers, owners, developers, builders, and consultants can have it both ways: Above-code building performance from a trusted name with fast, simple one-pass application using standard spray application tools.
Multifamily Weather Barrier, 2.0
Building Science & Sustainability Leader with the DuPont™ Building Knowledge Center, Benjamin Meyer, discusses what the new Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+ system means to multifamily architects, owners, developers, builders, and consultants.
DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™ Fast Facts
Frequently Asked Questions around the use of DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™ for Multifamily construction.
Optimizing Multifamily Weather Barrier Design
Building a multifamily property to simultaneously meet code, profit goals, peer-property requirements, and tenant needs requires business flair and discipline. Learn how a new class of fluid applied WB technology reinvents installation ease for multifamily construction.
Commercial Specifications Resource Center
The following information is being provided as a resource for more information about the DuPont products listed in Product MasterSpec Section 072500 Weather Barriers and Section 072726 Fluid Applied.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Corian® for Public Spaces
- Corian® for Healthcare
- Corian® for Residential Design
- Zodiaq® for Food Service
- Corian® for Exterior Cladding
- Corian® DeepColor™ Technology
- Futrus® Solutions with DuPont™ Corian®
- Tedlar® is an Ideal Protection Material for Architectural Substrates
- Zodiaq® for Corporate and Public Spaces
Zodiaq® for Educational Environments
Architects and designers are using Zodiaq® quartz surface to create lasting natural beauty in educational environments, from the campus cafeteria to the faculty lounge.
- Sealing Windows And Doors
- Corian® for Reception Desks