Innovative Products and Systems for Commercial Construction
At DuPont, our building science plays a large role in making buildings that are safer, sounder, look newer longer and provide greater environmental sustainability.
DuPont Building Envelope Systems help make buildings more durable, energy efficient and comfortable, by providing superior air and moisture management. They are rigorously tested and exceed air barrier standards, helping builders to meet and exceed building and energy codes for commercial buildings.
Specially engineered to be both visually stunning and long-lasting, DuPont™ Corian® solid-surface material and Zodiaq® quartz surfaces come in more than a hundred colors and patterns, and can be custom-cut and installed for limitless design possibilities in commercial construction applications.
PRODUCT AND SERVICE LINES
- DuPont Building Envelope Solutions
DuPont Flooring Products
DuPont flooring products like bio-based innovation DuPont™ Sorona® are helping architects and builders establish more sustainable building practices without compromising aesthetics or performance.
- Surface Design Materials
- Cut Protection
DuPont™ Elvaloy® ketone ethylene ester (KEE) resins help single-ply roofing manufacturers develop rugged, easy-to-install roofing systems that fight weathering and chemical attack.
Chemical Protective Garments & Accessories
Whether the job is performing asbestos abatement, applying insulation, or handling industrial chemicals, DuPont understands the risks. Learn how leading DuPont brands Tyvek® and Tychem® help reduce worker exposure to hazardous work situations.
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Tyvek® Coveralls
- Industrial Gloves made with Kevlar®
- Corian® Sinks
- Corian® DeepColor™ Technology
- Explore the Colors of Corian®
- Explore the Colors of Zodiaq®
- ProShield® Coveralls
- DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap® R5.0
- DuPont™ StraightFlash™ VF
- DuPont™ Sorona® for Carpet
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB
- DuPont™ Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D
- High-Performance Roofing at Universal Studios
- Rehabilitation of a symbolic building in Val-de-Reuil
- Recently renovated Rijksmuseum Amsterdam
- Corian® renovates an iconic façade in Madrid’s financial center
- Yes! hairdressing salons with Corian® Charging Surface
- Recycling Chemical Containers
SENS Luxury Rugs with Sorona®
DuPont™ Sorona® renewably-sourced fiber is now a bright new presence in the luxury rugs market, thanks to category stalwart HBC Bulckaert’s new line. Soft yet durable, SENS Luxury Rugs take full advantage of the redoubtable performance characteristics of Sorona®.
Mohawk “What Moves You” Carpet Tiles
Mohawk Group's commercial carpet tiles are renowned for the durability they bring to high-traffic areas. The new "What Moves You" carpet tiles are created with DuPont™ Sorona® - for tough carpet tiles with environmental benefits.
- Flexible Roofing Membrane at Bad Sulza
- Roof Protection for Wooster High School
- Johns Manville PVC Roof of Senior Living Complex
- Heat-Reflective Roofing with Johns Manville PVC at Shearer’s Foods
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Sustainable Design Just Got Easier
- Air Leakage Testing
- Corian® Design Studios
- Corian® Ideas for Your Next Design
Thermal Regulations Overview
DuPont offers an overview of the typical regulation hazard codes and the leading thermal regulations impacting personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Sorona® for Stain-Resistant Carpet
Sorona® for Carpet Fibers
Carpet fibers produced with DuPont™ Sorona® deliver on all fronts: aesthetics, stain resistance, color fastness, ease of maintenance, and durability — yielding excellent results in Hexapod Walker and Vetterman Drum testing.
LEED® Certified Sorona®
Renewably Sourced™, low-VOC-emitting DuPont™ Sorona® could help your next building project become LEED® certified by earning points in several different areas, including Indoor Environmental Quality, Materials and Resources, Regional Priority, and Innovation in Design.
DuPont™ Sorona® and Carpet Recycling
Knowing the important role carpet recycling plays in helping the environment, DuPont research has proven that face fiber made with DuPont™ Sorona® can be shaved from the carpet backing, turned into pellets, and spun into new fiber. In fact, there are even more potential ways to recycle carpet made with Sorona®.
Carpet Design and Sorona®
Renewably Sourced™ DuPont™ Sorona® is opening up new possibilities for carpet design. Durable and color-fast, with permanent stain resistance built right into the fiber, the Sorona® carpet design option is also the right choice in terms of performance.
Triexta, Generic in Name Only
Specific performance benefits, including stain resistance, are so unique to DuPont™ Sorona®, the U.S. FTC gave the generic name triexta to homo fibers made from PTT, the Sorona® renewably sourced polymer.
- Sorona® Life Cycle Assessment
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Corian® for Exterior Cladding
- Corian® for Residential Design
- Corian® DeepColor™ Technology
- Zodiaq® for Food Service
- Corian® for Healthcare
Zodiaq® for Educational Environments
Architects and designers are using Zodiaq® quartz surface to create lasting natural beauty in educational environments, from the campus cafeteria to the faculty lounge.
- Zodiaq® for Corporate and Public Spaces
- Futrus® Solutions with DuPont™ Corian®
- Corian® for Dri-Design® Wall Panel Systems
- Corian® for Public Spaces
- Sorona® for Commercial-Grade Carpet
- Water Protection for Roofs