Tyvek®: Standard of Excellence for Medical Packaging
For more than 40 years, Tyvek® has been helping to protect the health of literally millions of patients worldwide by helping to keep medical devices that start sterile to stay sterile.
Recognized as a standard of excellence in healthcare packaging, Tyvek® is used in virtually every form of sterile medical packaging and a wide variety of pharmaceutical packaging applications—both sterile and non-sterile. Tyvek® styles for medical packaging and pharmaceutical packaging applications are manufactured to rigorous quality standards to meet the unique requirements of these highly regulated industries. Extensive compliance data established by the DuPont network of regulatory affairs experts is available to help you develop and validate the most appropriate medical packaging and pharmaceutical packaging solutions with Tyvek®. In addition, members of the DuPont Medical and Pharmaceutical Protection Team are available globally to help provide packaging science support.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Technical Information - Test Results for DuPont™ Tyvek®
- A new method for measuring porous microbial barrier s: Part II A closer look at ASTM international standard test m ethod F2638
- A new method for measuring porous microbial barrier s: Part I The work behind ASTM International Standard Test Me thod F2638
- How Small Is Small? The Effects of Pinholes on Medical Packaging
- Tyvek® vs. Medical-Grade Papers
- Medical Packaging Design Essentials
Tyvek® Retains Sterility after Aging
After terminal sterilization, Tyvek® can maintain the sterility of medical devices for at least five years, enhancing the sustainability of a medical product because it can be stored for long periods with no need to re-sterilize or re-package.
Meeting Regulatory Requirements
DuPont™ Tyvek® medical and pharmaceutical packaging styles comply with the materials portion of ISO 11607-1:2006(R)2010 and meet all the acceptable performance criteria for bio-compatibility and other regulatory requirements.
- Rigorous Quality Control
- Tyvek® Resists Punctures
- Start Sterile, Stay Sterile
- Wet or Dry, Tyvek® Outperforms Paper