Innovative Food Packaging Supports Safety and Sustainability Goals
A global leader in specialty polymer packaging materials, DuPont offers unmatched expertise from concept to consumption.
Beverage and food packaging play a critical role in meeting food safety requirements and environmental goals. Consumers want food and drinks to be fresh, appealing, and safe. And both consumers and producers want to minimize the impact packaging has on the environment.
DuPont helps create beverage and food packaging that maintains freshness and extends shelf life, helps reduce spoilage and waste, and can be recycled. Lightweight packaging also reduces the environmental footprint and can even reduce shipping weight, which may save fuel.
DuPont unveiled the first soda bottle made from PET in 1973. Since then, we have continued to collaborate with brand owners, converters and equipment manufacturers to help keep items fresh and safe in a more sustainable way.
PRODUCT AND SERVICE LINES
Enhance consumer packaging shelf appeal with lightweight, cost-effective DuPont™ Surlyn® for skin and stretch packaging films, a great alternative to blister and clamshell packaging.
- Packaging Resins
Food & Beverage Packaging Materials
DuPont food packaging materials protect the flavor and quality of a range of foods and beverages, while helping reduce packaging waste and food spoilage.
- Polymer Additives & Modifiers
- Bynel® Coextrudable Adhesive Resin
- Elvax® EVA Copolymer Resin
- Elvaloy® Modifier Resin
- Fusabond® Functional Polymer
- Surlyn® Ionomer Resin
- Nucrel® Acid Copolymer Resin
- Biomax® Resin Modifier
- Selar® Barrier Resin
DuPont™ Purge Resin
DuPont™ Purge Resin is a fractional melt index low density polyethylene purge compound that contains various additives to assist in purging and cleaning extruders.
Conpol™ Additive Resin
DuPont™ Conpol™ additive resins are designed to modify the surface properties of films or coatings that are made with DuPont™ Surlyn® or DuPont™ Nucrel® resins.
Booster™ Processing Resin
DuPont™ Booster™improves the melt strength of LLDPE blown film and blow molded HDPE bottles.
- Putting DuPont™ Tyvek® Cargo Covers to the Test for Adverse Weather
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Cargo Covers—Trusted Protection for Pharmaceuticals in Transit
- Why Reflectivity Matters for Cargo Covers
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
Ceramic Packaging for Meals
French ceramic container maker Poteries Malicornaises uses DuPont™ Nucrel® in ceramic packaging to successfully seal and protect ready-to-eat meals.
- Stand-Out Cereal Packaging
- Shelf Stable Packaging Using Appeel®
- Wine Closures Replace Cork
An Italian packaging converter uses DuPont™ Appeel® for a reliable, easy-to-peel, tamper-evident packaging solution for ice cream.
- Sustainable Fruit Packaging
- Barrier Packaging for Baby Food
- Cheese Packaging
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers Events
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers: Where to Buy
DuPont Tyvek® for Cargo Covers
See why DuPont™ Tyvek® is the ideal material for Cargo Covers.
Tyvek® Cargo Covers Products and Services
An overview of the products and services offered through Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers
Tyvek® Cargo Covers Presentations and Publications
View past presentations and publications on DuPont™ Tyvek® Cargo Covers.
Tyvek® Cargo Covers News
Stay up to date on everything DuPont™ Tyvek® Cargo Covers.
Tyvek® Cargo Covers Product Line Detail
An overview of the all the available sizes for DuPont™ Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers.
- Thinking Outside the (Pizza) Box
- Unintended Consequences of a Clean Label: Understanding and Managing the Impact on Packaging
- Meat Packaging Solutions for Converters
- Shelf Stable Fruit Juice Package
Sealant Selector Tool
DuPont Sealant Selector Tool takes the mystery ouf of selecting the right packaging sealant.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Seafood and Meat Packaging
- Beverage and Food Packaging Design
- Dry Food and Snack Packaging
- Vacuum Packaging
- Case Ready Meat Packaging
- Beverage Packaging and Containers
- Dairy and Cheese Packaging
- Liquid Packaging Pouches
- Barrier Shrink Bags
- Surlyn® for Polymer Modification
Plastic Closures for Beverages
DuPont™ Elvax® and other resins for beverage plastic closures maintain hermetic seals, preserve flavor, prevent leaks, and make caps and lids easy to open or peel off.
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging