Judges Announced for the 28th DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation
WILMINGTON, Del., Feb. 4, 2016 – DuPont Packaging has assembled a distinguished panel of packaging experts in design, research and manufacturing roles, representing multiple markets around the world, to identify the winners of the coveted DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation.
Entry is free and nominations will be accepted through Feb. 19, 2016. Forms are available at packagingawards.dupont.com.
“The diverse panel of judges DuPont assembles each year is a hallmark of the DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation,” said Bill Cunningham, global packaging marketing leader, DuPont Performance Materials. “We are pleased with the diversity of this year’s panel and greatly appreciate the time, energy and passion they devote to analyzing and discussing the entries as they identify packaging excellence among the entries.”
The judges come from around the world to gather in Wilmington, Del., March 8 – 10, 2016, to share their expertise and vast industry insights as they evaluate this year’s entries. Judges consider excellence in these areas: technological advancement, responsible packaging and enhanced user experience.
The 2016 judging panel includes:
- Ramon Agustines – general manager, Flexible Packaging Division , Universal Robina Corp. (URC), Philippines
- Serena Della Bianca – R&D research engineer, Resins Europe – Food Care, Sealed Air, Italy
- Suzanne Fisher – director, Packaging, Sam’s Club, USA
- Sanjay Ghoshal – senior director and global head, Packaging, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd., India
- Marianne Rosner Klimchuk – associate chairperson, Fashion Institute of Technology, USA
- David Luttenberger, CPP – global packaging director, Mintel Group, Ltd., USA (Lead Judge)
- Jeff Schuetz, staff vice president, Global Technology Consumer Packaging, Sonoco, USA
- Colin Yates – sustainability director, Global Petcare Packaging sustainability director, Mars, Germany
- Eduardo Yugue - R&D packaging manager, Pepsico, Brazil
Full biographies are available HERE.
“It’s a great honor to be asked to return as lead judge,” said David Luttenberger, CPP, global packaging director, Mintel Group Ltd. “This year’s panel represents a variety of roles, industries and regions. I look forward to hearing their perspectives as we work together to identify excellence in technological advancement, responsible packaging and enhanced user experience. Year over year, DuPont manages to build a fresh panel of packaging experts who deliberate on what is truly innovative. As a result, honorees really do earn a DuPont Award. They don’t just win it.”
Brand owners, retailers, packaging designers, converters and technology providers from around the world are encouraged to enter their packaging solution, provided it is commercially available. There is no fee to enter, and DuPont materials do not need to be in the packaging structure. Winners will be notified in late spring. Information on the program and past winners are posted on packagingawards.dupont.com.