DuPont Announces 2015 Packaging Innovation Award Winners
Winners Tap Purposeful, Instinctive Design to Engage Consumers
WILMINGTON, Del., May 15, 2015 – The 2015 DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation will be remembered as the year of design as 77 percent of the winners are being honored for design excellence in enhancing the users’ experience. Canada-based IPL, Inc., earned the Diamond Award, the program’s highest honor, for SkinnyPack™ Technology. This mono-material package marries flexible and rigid packaging to create a thin, light, strong structure that uses less material, enables recycling and allows more message space.
“This year’s winners stand out as leaders in packaging innovation,” said William J. Harvey, president, DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers. “They exemplify how collaboration, innovation and packaging excellence converge to generate game-changing solutions that positively impact our lives.”
The DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation is the industry’s longest-running, global, independently judged celebration of innovation and collaboration throughout the value chain. An independent panel of packaging experts evaluated nearly 140 entries from more than 25 countries and last night awarded one diamond winner, five gold winners and seven silver winners based on "excellence" in one, two or all three categories: technological advancement, responsible packaging and enhanced user experience.
“The winners demonstrated the power of integrating precision engineering, design and technology in a way that brings multi-sensorial yet functional packaging to delight consumers,” according to Yasmin Siddiqi, DuPont Packaging Awards program leader.
“The novelty this year lies in the fact that we saw packaging designs that added intuitive functionality in a way that was both simple and meaningful for the user,” said David Luttenberger, CPP, global packaging director, Mintel Group, Ltd., USA and lead judge. “There’s frequently a lot of technology behind seemingly simple designs, but when you can design packaging in a way that resolves an issue and is intuitive to use, that’s value.”
- Salsa Container Blends Rigid and Flexible for a Myriad of Possibilities
(IPL, Inc. – Canada; Ana’s Foods – USA)
- Squeezable Mascara Tube Ends Product Dispensing Frustrations (AmorePacific - Korea)
- Deodorant Can Engineered to Combine Complexity with Simplicity
(Unilever - UK)
- "Travel-Size" Truly Becomes "Carry-Size" with New Ultra-Slim Spray Bottle (MiiSTS Int'l., Inc.; HotPot Design - USA)
- Slider Technology Re-Engineered to Keep Children Out of Easy-Open Packaging (Pactech Packaging; Reynolds Presto Products - USA)
- Medical Package Plays Vital Role in Surgery Preparation (Medtronic CardioVascular; Prent Corporation - USA)
- ORS Package Provides Simple, Life-Saving Solution (Mix Pak System S.L.; Interapothek - Spain)
- Super-Sizing Peel-and-Reseal Technology for Club Store Cheese (Bemis Company, Inc.)
- Razor Package Captures Senses with Multi-Dimensional Graphics (The Gillette Company - USA; think4D, Inc. - Canada; Placon - USA)
- Transportation Packaging - Now Stronger and More Responsible (Compadre, LLC - USA)
- Conditioner Container Combines Functionality with Aesthetics to Embody Premium Brand (Godrej Consumer Products Ltd.; Classy Kontainers - India)
- Sampling Lipstick Puts Color on Lips and Confidence in Minds (Grupo Boticario; Ycar Artes Gráficas - Brazil)
- Moisture-Proof Bag Protects India Cement Industry (UFLEX LIMITED - India)
DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers manufactures an extensive mix of adhesive, peelable lidding and sealant resins and provides a globally networked development team to work with customers on packaging programs that help protect the product, environment, improve shelf appeal, convenience and reduce cost in the food, cosmetics, medical products and other consumer goods and industrial packaging industries.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit www.dupont.com.
The information provided on this website is for reference only. Always refer to the product labels for complete details and directions for use.