Innovation Centers Bring Science-Powered Innovations Even Closer to the Market
DuPont Presents Modest Version at NPE 2012 – the International Plastics Showcase
WILMINGTON, Del., March 21, 2012 – On the heels of two Innovation Centers opening in Mexico City and Brazil recently, DuPont Performance Polymers (DuPont) featured a small-scale adaptation, welcoming NPE attendees to the DuPont “Global Collaboratory” during the April 1-5, 2012, event in Orlando, Fla. DuPont complemented the experience with several talks aimed at helping improve performance and sustainability throughout the value chain.
DuPont Innovation Centers are designed to connect customers, strategic partners and academics with more than 9,500 DuPont scientists and engineers located in more than 150 technical centers around the world to better serve their consumers in industries such as food, consumer goods, automotive, agriculture and alternative energy.
With the new Brazil and Mexico facilities, DuPont now operates seven centers. Others are in Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, India and Japan. DuPont plans additional centers in North America and Europe this year.
“Collaboration is critical and serves as the catalyst needed to solve pervasive and urgent challenges,” said Kurt Adams, DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers global technology director. “We are leveraging this concept and inviting collaboration at this international event in combination with technical sessions as a means of stimulating new ideas to tackle challenges in the plastics and packaging markets.”
At NPE and ANTEC
DuPont plastics, packaging, polymer modifiers and the bio-based ingredients business, resulting from the recent acquisition of Danisco, highlighted materials science and design techniques that can be used to deliver performance and sustainability.
DuPont sponsored the materials pavillion and hosted four free sessions in the NPE2012 Technology Theater:
- Sustainability Initiatives in Packaging: Cost & Benefit Discussion
- Replacing Amine Antistats in Polypropylene Packaging Applications
- DuPont: Continuing to Advance Bio-Based Innovation in Performance Polymers with New Renewably Sourced Long Chain Polyamides
- The Virtuous Cycle for Recycling Agricultural Containers
DuPont also presented four papers at the related ANTEC technical conference:
- Package Development: Design Principles and Innovation Excellence: Application of Modelling to Speed Flexible Package Development
- Package Development: Design Principles and Innovation Excellence: Highlights of the DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation
- Troubleshooting Single Screw Extrusion: Troubleshooting Coex Film Problems By Considering Process-Property Relationships
- New Film/Sheet Technologies : The Effect of Host Polyolefin Properties and Processing Conditions on the Antistatic Performance of K-Ionomer Blends