Polymer Additives Improve Functionality and Performance
DuPont polymer additives for plastic compounding include performance-tailored tougheners, coupling agents, flexibilizers and mixed plastics compatibilizers.
DuPont focuses on global supply of polymer additives and modifiers that play specialized performance roles in plastics manufacturing. DuPont polymer additives contribute to more efficient compounding, higher-value plastics from existing production lines, easier and more consistent downstream processing and easier recycling.
DuPont’s specialized modifier resins include copolymers, terpolymers, ionomers, and grafted polyolefins. DuPont employs advanced polymer chemistry to create modifier resins with precision functionality in compounded plastics.
DuPont™ Surlyn® for polymer modification is used as a processing aid and compatibilizer in PET. It also is used as a nylon toughener in automotive parts.
- Bynel® Coextrudable Adhesive Resin
- Fusabond® Functional Polymer
- Elvaloy® Modifier Resin
- Elvax® EVA Copolymer Resin
- Nucrel® Acid Copolymer Resin
- Surlyn® Ionomer Resin
- Selar® Barrier Resin
DuPont™ Purge Resin
DuPont™ Purge Resin is a fractional melt index low density polyethylene purge compound that contains various additives to assist in purging and cleaning extruders.
Conpol™ Additive Resin
DuPont™ Conpol™ additive resins are designed to modify the surface properties of films or coatings that are made with DuPont™ Surlyn® or DuPont™ Nucrel® resins.
- Entira™ Modifier Resin
Keldax® Sound Barrier Resin
Easy to shape, easy to work with, and easy to install, components made with DuPont™ Keldax® sound-barrier resins help today’s automotive OEMs reduce unwanted noise, and improve consumer perception of quality.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
Polymers and additives for flexible and rigid PVC modification.
Flexible PVC Roofing
There are many benefits of flexible PVC roofing made with DuPont™ Elvaloy® KEE, including delivering long service life in demanding environments.
Wood Polymer Compounding
Create highly filled polyethylene-based wood polymer composites that retain their integrity through freeze/thaw cycles while meeting the rigors of heavy traffic.
- Asphalt Paving Modification
- Nylon Modification
- Cable Jacketing
- Recycling Chemical Containers
- High-Performance Roofing at Universal Studios
- Montana Highways Combat Damage from Extreme Temperatures
- Barrier Packaging for Baby Food
- Cheese Packaging
- FiberTite® Airport Roof
- Johns Manville PVC Roof Covers New U.S. Bank Stadium
- Johns Manville PVC Roof of Senior Living Complex
- Alwitra PV Roofing Membrane
- Cooley C3 Mobile Home Roofing Membrane
- Cool Roof at Texas Schools
- Heat-Reflective Roofing with Johns Manville PVC at Shearer’s Foods
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Analysis of Thermoplastics in PVC Pipe Liners
DuPont Senior Technical Specialist, E. R. Griffin, analyzes thermoplastics used in fold-and-form PVC pipe liners.
- Where Does Elvaloy® RET Improve Pavement Performance
- Polymer Modified Asphalt Information for Engineers/Specifiers
- Fatigue Cracking | Technical Information
- Anti-Strip Resistance | Properties of Asphalt Binder
- Impact Modifier Resins
- Recycled Packaging Containers Win Eco Award
PVC Modified Polymers in ABS and Polyesters
DuPont™ Elvaloy® PVC modified polymers are highly miscible in PVC, offering opportunities for PVC-based manufacturers to differentiate product performance and more.
Polypropylene Modifiers for Compounds and Alloys
Polypropylene modifiers are semicrystalline polymers exhibiting very attractive cost-performance balance and easy processability.
Polymer Compatibilizer Resins Aid Recycling
Adding a polymer compatibilizer between two polymer layers results in finer dispersion, as well as more regular and stable morphologies.
Polyethylene Resin Modifiers
Read about the many uses for DuPont polyethylene resin modifiers.
A number of specialized DuPont™ Elvaloy® resins can be used to make polycarbonate compounds tougher and more.