Proven as a PVC Modified Polymers, DuPont™ Elvaloy® Resins Also Find Use in ABS and Polyesters
DuPont™ Elvaloy® PVC modified polymers are highly miscible in PVC, offering opportunities for PVC-based manufacturers to differentiate product performance and increase productivity through compounding efficiency and formulating advances.
DuPont™ Elvaloy® modified polymers serve as permanent PVC plasticizers or as impact modifiers and process aids; they address needs for longer PVC product life, improved impact performance, or reduced material or operating costs.
Typical benefits include:
- Performance under conditions in which a liquid plasticizer would migrate, such as outdoor exposure to weather or contact with chemicals
- Increased melt strength for thinner parts, better foam cell structure or wider thermoforming window
- Reduced scrap and higher yields through improved flow and fusion characteristics, which allow for lower processing temperatures and a wider processing window in rigid PVC
- Reduced cost by enabling higher filler levels while meeting impact properties
- Impact strength that meets or exceeds industry standards.
Elvaloy® resins are also used for ABS and polyester toughening. For more information about these applications, refer to:
For general information about available grades of DuPont™ Elvaloy® resin, including technical properties data and material safety data, refer to the Elvaloy® product information web site.