Increase Road Longevity & Improve Asphalt Performance
Elvaloy® RET asphalt modifier works where pavement performance matters most.
DuPont™ Elvaloy® RET asphalt modifier creates a permanently improved bitumen-based binder that delivers long-lasting performance in well-engineered pavements.
Pavement reinforced with Elvaloy® RET asphalt modifier can take higher loads longer, sustaining smoothness and roadway safety. In addition, using Elvaloy® RET modifier can help make pavement last longer - in hotter climates, colder ones, or both. Elvaloy® RET often improves high-temperature performance, as well as cold-cracking resistance.
Asphalt modified with Elvaloy® RET can be compacted faster than other asphalt modifiers, allowing contractors to pave faster and more easily.
DuPont has developed expertise in asphalt paving systems and collaboratively works with asphalt producers, contractors, highway engineers and infrastructure investors to help them each find benefits to their paving projects. DuPont provides access to top scientists and state-of-the-art equipment to enable testing and tailor-made support for customers with diverse requirements all across the world.
- Montana Highways Combat Damage from Extreme Temperatures
- Asphalt Modifier Provides Rutting Resistance for Roads in Australia
- Sao Paulo's SP-300 Highway Asphalt with Elvaloy® RET
- Transbrazilian Highway Pavement Uses Modified Asphalt Binder
- High-Volume Transportation Corridor in Brazil is Extra Durable
- Avoiding Pavement Rutting at Kiev Victory Square
- Bulgaria Airport Pavement
- Hot Mixing Pennsylvania Road
- Tanzania Highway Pavement with Elvaloy® RET
- Runway Paving - Guadalajara Airport - Mexico
- Runway Paving - Culiacan Airport - Mexico
- Refinery Pavement (Perm, Russia) Uses Modified Binder Made with Elvaloy® RET
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
USES AND APPLICATIONS
Asphalt Paving Modification
Asphalt paving modification with DuPont polymer modifiers delivers long-term resilience and climate resistance.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Reactive Polymer | Technical Information
- Preventing Pavement Cracks | Technical Information
- Pavement Rutting | Technical Information
- Anti-Strip Resistance | Properties of Asphalt Binder
Multiple Stress Creep Recovery
Multiple stress creep recovery (MSCR) testing helps predict rutting.
- Thermal Cracks | Technical Information
- RET vs. SBS Modified Asphalt | Technical Information
- Polymer Modified Asphalt Information for Engineers/Specifiers
Modified Binder Information for Binder Suppliers
For asphalt terminals wanting a fast, easy way to supply modified binder, DuPont™ Elvaloy® RET reactive elastomeric terpolymer can be a smart, profitable choice.
- Hot Mix Asphalt Information for Contractors
- Fatigue Cracking | Technical Information
Bending Beam Tests | Asphalt Fatigue Cracking
Bending beam tests demonstrate cold-temperature performance.