Increase Road Longevity & Improve Asphalt Performance
Elvaloy® RET asphalt modifier works where pavement performance matters most.
DuPont™ Elvaloy® RET asphalt modifier creates a permanently improved bitumen-based binder that delivers long-lasting performance in well-engineered pavements.
Pavement reinforced with Elvaloy® RET asphalt modifier can take higher loads longer, sustaining smoothness and roadway safety. In addition, using Elvaloy® RET modifier can help make pavement last longer - in hotter climates, colder ones, or both. Elvaloy® RET often improves high-temperature performance, as well as cold-cracking resistance.
Asphalt modified with Elvaloy® RET can be compacted faster than other asphalt modifiers, allowing contractors to pave faster and more easily.
DuPont has developed expertise in asphalt paving systems and collaboratively works with asphalt producers, contractors, highway engineers and infrastructure investors to help them each find benefits to their paving projects. DuPont provides access to top scientists and state-of-the-art equipment to enable testing and tailor-made support for customers with diverse requirements all across the world.
- Montana Highways Combat Damage from Extreme Temperatures
- Asphalt Modifier Provides Rutting Resistance for Roads in Australia
- Runway Paving - Guadalajara Airport - Mexico
- Airport Paving | Magadan, Russia
- Prague Bypass with Elvaloy® RET
- Heavy Truck Pavement at Rock Quarry
- Fuel-Resistant Pavement at Czech Republic Race Track
- Elvaloy® RET Helps Pave World's Highest Road
- Punjab, India, Road Paving - Pave Faster with Less Traffic Disruption
- Oregon DOT Pavement
- GVK Expressway (India) Resists Stripping and Rutting
- Pakistan Motorways Use Latest Bitumen Technology
USES AND APPLICATIONS
Asphalt Paving Modification
Asphalt paving modification with DuPont polymer modifiers delivers long-term resilience and climate resistance.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Bending Beam Tests | Asphalt Fatigue Cracking
Bending beam tests demonstrate cold-temperature performance.
- Where Does Elvaloy® RET Improve Pavement Performance
- Polymer Modified Asphalt Information for Engineers/Specifiers
- Fatigue Cracking | Technical Information
- Anti-Strip Resistance | Properties of Asphalt Binder
- Thermal Cracks | Technical Information
- RET vs. SBS Modified Asphalt | Technical Information
- Reactive Polymer | Technical Information
- Pavement Rutting | Technical Information
- Preventing Pavement Cracks | Technical Information
Multiple Stress Creep Recovery
Multiple stress creep recovery (MSCR) testing helps predict rutting.
Modified Binder Information
For asphalt terminals wanting a fast, easy way to supply modified binder, DuPont™ Elvaloy® RET reactive elastomeric terpolymer can be a smart, profitable choice.