Durable Elastomeric Sealant For Commercial Buildings
Fills gaps around windows, doors and penetrations, and is specifically designed for easy use with the DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied System.
DuPont™ Sealant for Tyvek® Fluid Applied System is an elastomeric sealant designed to help increase durability and energy efficiency of commercial structures. It is used as part of a complete Tyvek® Fluid Applied air and water barrier system, to help create a continuous building envelope seal.
How it Works
DuPont™ Sealant for Tyvek® Fluid Applied System is a high quality, non-vapor-permeable elastomeric sealant specifically designed to work with the DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied System. It is designed for use in standard sealant equipment, and provides excellent adhesion to all common construction surfaces.
Fast, Easy Application
DuPont™ Sealant for Tyvek® Fluid Applied System allows for fast and easy application, using standard sealant equipment. Voids between windows can be filled when you use this durable, elastomeric sealant. After just one hour cure time, other DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied System products can be installed.
Along with excellent gunnability, this sealant offers easy tooling, even in ambient temperatures as low as 25°C. Once properly installed, this high quality elastomeric sealant provides excellent water holdout and protection at critical interfaces.
Engineered for Performance
DuPont™ Sealant for Tyvek® Fluid Applied System provides excellent unprimed adhesion to DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied System products, as well as to a wide variety of construction materials and building components. And as it cures, it exhibits low shrinkage, which means less of the product is needed during application, and a reduced chance of cracking.
Helps Qualify for LEED® Points
As a low VOC component that helps to seal the building envelope, DuPont™ Sealant for Tyvek® Fluid Applied system meets the requirements of South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule #1168, as required for LEED® points.
Backed by DuPont Service and Suppor
DuPont™ Sealant for Tyvek® Fluid Applied is part of an integrated fluid applied weather barrier system that is all backed by a limited warranty from DuPont.
Product Data Sheets (2)
Additional Information (9)
- CAD: Fluid Applied Technical Drawings PDF
- CAD: Fluid Applied Technical Drawings DWG
- Installation Guides
- Adhesion Performance Reference Sheet (PDF)
- Brochure: Capabilites Brochure (PDF)
- Chemical Compatibility of Representative Building Sealants (PDF)
- NFPA 285 Navigating Wall Assembly Fire Testing - CEU (PDF)
- NFPA 285 Additional Manufacturer Testing - DuPont™ Tyvek® Commercial Air and Water Barrier Systems (PDF)
- Product Submittal Sheet: DuPont™ Sealant for Tyvek® Fluid Applied System (PDF)
- Tyvek® Fluid Applied System Protects Texas A&M Building
- Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB Protects
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied System Protects Texas A&M Building
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied System Helps Savannah Hospital
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied System at Forest Park Medical Center
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied Setting the Standard for Enduring, Sustainable Construction
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied Helps Improve High School
- Project Profile: DuPont™ Weatherization System Products Help Simplify Complex Construction
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Sustainable Buildings
- Building Envelope CEU: Take our new video CEUs right from our site on NFPA 285 and Fluid Applied Air Barrier Membranes.
- LEED® Certified Building
Tyvek® Fluid Applied Product Availability Locator
A geographic overview of where to purchase Tyvek® Fluid Applied.
- Building Science Experts
- Commercial Building Envelope Design
- DuPont Building Science Collaborations