Engineered for Superior Drainage and Moisture Control
A weather barrier designed with vertical grooves to provide additional drainage for commercial construction projects in wet locations.
DuPont™ Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D provides superior air and moisture control, with an emphasis on enhanced drainage. It combines the unique material science of Tyvek® weather barriers with a vertically grooved surface to help channel windblown rain and other bulk water.
Wet Weather Ready
Utilizing a specially engineered, “creped” surface texture, Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D is designed with an enhanced drainage plane to help meet the challenges of heavy rainfall, windblown water, snow and humidity, and provide effective drainage. By combining superior air infiltration and exfiltration control, bulk water holdout, and vapor permeability, Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D helps prevent water intrusion and accumulation in the wall, which can lead to mold and water damage.
Like all Tyvek® commercial building wraps, Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D is strong, offering high tear resistance and wind load resistance. It’s made to stand up to the rigor of the elements, as well as the commercial construction site. And because it has nine-month UV resistance, it’s durable enough to withstand changes in the construction schedule, as well.
Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D is designed to work with the full line of DuPont™ Building Envelope systems products across a wide variety of commercial building facades. As part of a complete weather barrier system, Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D can also help improve the overall performance of the building. It has been estimated that between 30% and 50% of the energy consumed by commercial buildings is wasted. But an ideal combination of properties enables Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D to help maintain superior moisture control, which in turn can help reduce the energy needed for heating and cooling the building, creating a more durable, more sustainable structure.
Right for Today, Right for Tomorrow
As part of a complete system of DuPont™ Building Envelope system products, Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D is designed for long-term performance. It’s also backed by a 10-year limited warranty from DuPont. In addition, the DuPont™ Tyvek® Specialist Network is available to provide the latest information on building practices and specifications with AIA and CES learning units, as well as Building Science Seminars.
Building Science Leader Maria Spinu and Architect Benjamin Meyer at DuPont explain how to build an airtight building: by sealing the building envelope with a continuous air barrier system. Dr. Spinu addresses DuPont air barrier solutions for commercial and residential markets and their benefits: air infiltration resistance, water resistance and vapor permeability.
The purpose of this seminar is to briefly review the impact of air leakage on building enclosure performance and to describe different types of air barrier systems for air leakage control.
Additional Information (13)
- Installation Guides
- Commercial CAD Technical Drawings PDF
- Commercial CAD Technical Drawings DWG
- Architectural Binder: DuPont Tyvek®
- Building Science Bulletin: DuPont™ Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D Bulletin (PDF)
- Chemical Compatibility of Representative Building Sealants (PDF)
- Health Product Declaration: DuPont™ Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D (PDF)
- NFPA 285 Compliant Wall Assemblies with DuPont™ Tyvek® Commercial Air and Water Barrier Systems (PDF)
- NFPA 285 Additional Manufacturer Testing - DuPont™ Tyvek® Commercial Air and Water Barrier Systems (PDF)
- NFPA 285 Navigating Wall Assembly Fire Testing - CEU (PDF)
- Understanding the Use of Air and Water-Resistive Barriers in NFPA 285 Compliant Wall Assemblies (PDF)
- Product Guide Specifications: DuPont™ Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D (DOC)
- Technical Data Sheet: DuPont™ Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D (PDF)
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- NFPA 285 Compliance
- LEED® Certified Building
- Wall Sheathing Comparison
- Understanding Vapor Permeability
- Sustainable Buildings
- Protecting The R-Value Of Insulation
Protecting Foam Sheathing
Tyvek® weather barriers are a must to protect wall systems that include exterior foam sheathing from air and water infiltration.
- Design Without Compromise: Balancing Durable And Energy-Efficient Buildings
- Controlling Air Leakage
- Commercial Building Envelope Design
- Building Science Experts
- DuPont Building Science Collaborations