A Superior Flashing and Joint Compound Solution
Combining two essential functions adds convenience and can help increase job site efficiency by preventing lost time and material waste.
Tyvek® Fluid Applied Flashing & Joint Compound+ is a full-bodied, trowel applied, vapor permeable, elastomeric flashing and joint compound material.
It combines the functions of both flashing and joint compound into a single unique product that is an integral part of the DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied System.
Performance and Endurance
Tyvek® Fluid Applied Flashing & Joint Compound+ provides an ideal combination of air and water holdout with vapor permeability. It is engineered to withstand high wind loads and provide up to nine months of UV resistance.
Easy to Use, Easy to Install
Trowelable, single-component, one-coat application allows for fast and easy installation of Tyvek® Fluid Applied Flashing & Joint Compound+. Excellent gunnability, with easy tooling even in temperatures as low as 25°F, make it ideal for coating rough openings around windows and doors; filling seams, cracks and holes in substrates; sealing around penetrations; and treating joints and transitions between building components. Tyvek® Fluid Applied Flashing & Joint Compound+ exhibits extremely low shrinkage during curing, which helps reduce the amount of product needed for complete installation.
Tyvek® Fluid Applied Flashing & Joint Compound+ is a low VOC product. And by helping to seal the building envelope, it also helps reduce the amount of energy needed for heating and cooling the structure over time.
To achieve the best results, Tyvek® Fluid Applied Flashing & Joint Compound+ should be used with DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+. Tyvek® Fluid Applied Flashing & Joint Compound+ is part of a complete, integrated fluid applied weather barrier system that is all backed by a limited warranty from DuPont.
DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied System helps protect World’s Largest Ronald McDonald House
Product Data Sheets (2)
Additional Information (10)
- Architectural Binder: DuPont Tyvek®
- CAD: Fluid Applied Technical Drawings PDF
- CAD: Fluid Applied Technical Drawings DWG
- Installation Guides
- Adhesion Performance Reference Sheet (PDF)
- Brochure: Capabilites Brochure (PDF)
- Chemical Compatibility of Representative Building Sealants (PDF)
- NFPA 285 Additional Manufacturer Testing - DuPont™ Tyvek® Commercial Air and Water Barrier Systems (PDF)
- Understanding the Use of Air and Water-Resistive Barriers in NFPA 285 Compliant Wall Assemblies (PDF)
- NFPA 285 Navigating Wall Assembly Fire Testing - CEU (PDF)
- Ronald McDonald House® and Tyvek®
- Project Profile: DuPont™ Weatherization System Products Help Simplify Complex Construction
- Project Profile: DuPont™ Weatherization Systems and Willowick Park Complex
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied and Ronald McDonald House®
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied Helps Improve High School
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied Setting the Standard for Enduring, Sustainable Construction
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied System at Forest Park Medical Center
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied System Helps Savannah Hospital
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied System Protects Texas A&M Building
- Tyvek® Fluid Applied System Protects Texas A&M Building
- Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB Protects
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- NFPA 285 Compliance
Commercial Specifications Resource Center
The following information is being provided as a resource for more information about the DuPont products listed in Product MasterSpec Section 072500 Weather Barriers and Section 072726 Fluid Applied.
Tyvek® Fluid Applied Product Availability Locator
A geographic overview of where to purchase Tyvek® Fluid Applied.
- Controlling Air Leakage
- Building Science Experts
- DuPont Building Science Collaborations
- Building Envelope CEU: Take our new video CEUs right from our site on NFPA 285 and Fluid Applied Air Barrier Membranes.