A Fluid Applied Air Barrier For Commercial Construction
For next-generation weather protection designed for commercial construction, look to DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied weather barriers with silyl-terminated polyether (STPE) technology.
DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied Weather Barrier+™ Systems provide water and fluid applied air barrier protection designed for the unique demands of heavy commercial construction projects.
This innovative system of fluid applied products applies DuPont building and material science to deliver what commercial projects require, including:
- Sustainable Building Design and Construction
- Superior Protection
- Energy Efficiency
- Ease of Installation
- Enhanced Durability
- Integrated Solutions
- Expert Support
What makes Tyvek® Fluid Applied Different?
DuPont Tyvek Fluid Applied System products are made using the most advanced, high performance polymer technology available in weather barriers today - Silyl-terminated polyether polymer technology or STPE. DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied products made from this technology offers several inherent advantages over the older, typical acrylic and bitumen-based fluid applied air and water barrier products commonly used today. These advantages include:
- Exceptional elongation and recovery
- 98% solids for minimal shrinkage and cracking during curing
- Will not wash off when exposed to liquid water
- Low temperature application to 25F ambient
- Minimal surface preparation required
- Nine months UV resistance
- Ideal perm rating, 22 perms at 25 mils. Similar perm rating to Tyvek® CommercialWrap® and Tyvek® CommercialWrap® D. Offers consistent perm rating for hybrid walls.
- 2-3 times the coverage in one coat at 25 mils compared to older products
Supporting Sustainable Buildings
The Tyvek® family of weather barrier products are an integral part of thousands of sustainable buildings around the world.
The DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied System offers the convenience of fast, pressure-rolled or sprayed application. It will provide seamless protection for the building envelope, and meet or exceed increasingly stringent codes and standards requirements for energy efficiency.
The Tyvek® Fluid Applied System provides an ideal combination of air and bulk water holdout and vapor permeability. All products within it are low-VOC, for reduced environmental impact, and fully compatible with DuPont™ Tyvek® self-adhered flashing products.
Products in the system include:
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied Flashing & Joint Compound
- DuPont™ Sealant for Tyvek® Fluid Applied System
It’s estimated that 30% - 50% of the energy consumed by commercial buildings is wasted, which amounts to billions of dollars in wasted energy each year. By effectively reducing air infiltration and exfiltration, Tyvek® Fluid Applied System helps insulation perform to its installed R-value, and helps reduce the amount of energy needed for heating and cooling.
It also helps prevent metal corrosion and wood rot, by holding out bulk water from the wall assembly. Tyvek® Fluid Applied System offers an optimal level of vapor permeability, which ensures that any water that does get in the wall cavity can escape to the outside through evaporation, helping contribute to a healthier indoor air environment by reducing the risk of mold growth.
Ease of Installation
Specifically designed as a durable, fluid applied water and air barrier, Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™ can be sprayed or pressure-rolled on a broad range of substrates, including concrete, concrete masonry units (CMU), and gypsum sheathing. The system is engineered to withstand nine months of UV exposure, which allows for a more flexible construction schedule. Contributing to this flexibility, the system can be applied on damp walls, and at a wide range of temperatures- as low as 25°F ambient to 140°F surface.
Tyvek® Fluid Applied System products have a unique chemical structure that enables them to maintain their performance and integrity for years to come. Because they are not water based, they are less likely to wash off during the construction process, or undergo shrinkage or cracking during curing, contributing to outstanding long-term performance.
The Tyvek® Specialist Network is available to provide you with expert onsite advice from trained commercial specialists, on everything from selecting the right products for the job to ensuring correct installation from start to finish.
And Tyvek® Fluid Applied Weather Barrier System products are backed by a 10-year limited warranty from DuPont.
Product Data Sheets (2)
Additional Information (15)
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™ Sell Sheet (PDF)
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™ Products Limited Warranty (PDF)
- Architectural Binder: DuPont Tyvek®
- CAD: Fluid Applied Technical Drawings PDF
- CAD: Fluid Applied Technical Drawings DWG
- Installation Guides
- Adhesion Performance Reference Sheet (PDF)
- Brochure: Capabilites (PDF)
- Brochure: Commercial Products (PDF)
- Chemical Compatibility of Representative Building Sealants (PDF)
- NFPA 285 Compliant Wall Assemblies with DuPont™ Tyvek® Commercial Air and Water Barrier Systems (PDF)
- NFPA 285 Additional Manufacturer Testing - DuPont™ Tyvek® Commercial Air and Water Barrier Systems (PDF)
- NFPA 285 Navigating Wall Assembly Fire Testing - CEU (PDF)
- Understanding the Use of Air and Water-Resistive Barriers in NFPA 285 Compliant Wall Assemblies (PDF)
- Product Submittal Sheet: DuPont™ Sealant for Tyvek® Fluid Applied System (PDF)
- Ronald McDonald House® and Tyvek®
- Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB Protects
- Tyvek® Fluid Applied System Protects Texas A&M Building
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied System Protects Texas A&M Building
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied System Helps Savannah Hospital
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied System at Forest Park Medical Center
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied Setting the Standard for Enduring, Sustainable Construction
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied Helps Improve High School
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied and Ronald McDonald House®
- Project Profile: DuPont™ Weatherization System Products Help Simplify Complex Construction
- Project Profile: DuPont™ Weatherization Systems and Willowick Park Complex
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- NFPA 285 Compliance
Commercial Specifications Resource Center
The following information is being provided as a resource for more information about the DuPont products listed in Product MasterSpec Section 072500 Weather Barriers and Section 072726 Fluid Applied.
- LEED® Certified Building
- Understanding Vapor Permeability
- Sustainable Buildings
- Protecting The R-Value Of Insulation
Protecting Foam Sheathing
Tyvek® weather barriers are a must to protect wall systems that include exterior foam sheathing from air and water infiltration.
- Design Without Compromise: Balancing Durable And Energy-Efficient Buildings
- Controlling Air Leakage
- Commercial Building Envelope Design
- Building Science Experts
- DuPont Building Science Collaborations