A Fluid Applied Air Barrier For Commercial Construction
Innovative fluid applied products use DuPont Building Science to provide the optimal balance of air and water holdout and vapor permeability.
DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied Weather Barrier Systems provide water and fluid applied air barrier protection designed for the unique demands of heavy commercial construction projects.
This innovative system of fluid applied products applies DuPont building and material science to deliver what commercial projects require, including:
- Sustainable Building Design and Construction
- Superior Protection
- Energy Efficiency
- Ease of Installation
- Enhanced Durability
- Integrated Solutions
- Expert Support
Supporting Sustainable Buildings
The Tyvek® family of weather barrier products are an integral part of thousands of sustainable buildings around the world.
The DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied System offers the convenience of fast, pressure-rolled or sprayed application. It will provide seamless protection for the building envelope, and meet or exceed increasingly stringent codes and standards requirements for energy efficiency.
The Tyvek® Fluid Applied System providesan ideal combination of air and bulk water holdout and vapor permeability. All products within it are low-VOC, for reduced environmental impact, and fully compatible with DuPont™ Tyvek® self-adhered flashing products.
Products in the system include:
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied Flashing & Joint Compound
- DuPont™ Sealant for Tyvek® Fluid Applied System
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied Flashing – Brush Formulation
It’s estimated that 30% - 50% of the energy consumed by commercial buildings is wasted, which amounts to billions of dollars in wasted energy each year. By effectively reducing air infiltration and exfiltration, Tyvek® Fluid Applied System helps insulation perform to its installed R-value, and helps reduce the amount of energy needed for heating and cooling.
It also helps prevent metal corrosion and wood rot, by holding out bulk water from the wall assembly. Tyvek® Fluid Applied System offers an optimal level of vapor permeability, which ensures that any water that does get in the wall cavity can escape to the outside through evaporation, helping contribute to a healthier indoor air environment by reducing the risk of mold growth.
Ease of Installation
Specifically designed as adurable, fluid applied water and air barrier, Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB can be sprayed or pressure-rolled on a broad range of substrates, including concrete, concrete masonry units (CMU), and gypsum sheathing. The system is engineered to withstand nine months of UV exposure, which allows for a more flexible construction schedule. Contributing to this flexibility, the system can be applied on wet walls, in temperatures as low as 25°F.
Tyvek® Fluid Applied System products have a unique chemical structure that enables them to maintain their performance and integrity for years to come. Because they are not water based, they are less likely to wash off during the construction process, or undergo shrinkage or cracking during curing, contributing to outstanding long-term performance.
The Tyvek® Specialist Network is available to provide you with expert onsite advice from trained commercial specialists, on everything from selecting the right products for the job to ensuring correct installation from start to finish.
And Tyvek® Fluid Applied Weather Barrier System products are backed by a 10-year limited warranty from DuPont.
DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied System helps protect World’s Largest Ronald McDonald House
Additional Information (16)
- Installation Guides
- Fluid Applied Technical Drawings PDF
- Fluid Applied Technical Drawings DWG
- DuPont Tyvek® Architectural Binder
- NFPA 285 Compliant Wall Assemblies with DuPont™ Tyvek® Commercial Air and Water Barrier Systems (PDF)
- NFPA 285 Additional Manufacturer Testing - DuPont™ Tyvek® Commercial Air and Water Barrier Systems (PDF)
- NFPA 285 Navigating Wall Assembly Fire Testing - CEU (PDF)
- FAQs: : DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB System (PDF)
- Capabilites Brochure (PDF)
- Adhesion Performance Reference Sheet (PDF)
- Chemical Compatibility of Representative Building Sealants (PDF)
- MSDS - DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB (PDF)
- Technical Data Sheet: DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied Weather Barrier (PDF)
- Product Submittal Sheet: DuPont™ Sealant for Tyvek® Fluid Applied System (PDF)
- Product Guide Specifications: DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB System
- Warranty: DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB Products 10-Year Limited Warranty (PDF)
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Tyvek® weather barriers are a must to protect wall systems that include exterior foam sheathing from air and water infiltration.