Self Adhered Flashing Helps Seal the Building Envelope
Self adhered butyl flashing helps prevent water intrusion at window and door sills without mechanical fasteners.
DuPont™ FlexWrap™ NF self adhered flashing does not require mechanical fasteners, even in flexed corner areas around building openings. This allows it to provide easy, one-step insulation for hard-to-seal corners around windows and doors.
FlexWrap™ NF is designed to help protect vulnerable corners against air and water intrusion, as part of a complete DuPont Building Envelope Solution. It’s effective across a range of window and door designs and a wide range of typical wall substrates, including OSB, plywood, gypsum, concrete masonry unit (CMU) and other non-nailable sheathing materials.
How it Works
FlexWrap™ NF integrates easily with all DuPont air and water barriers, to help seal the building envelope for improved durability and energy efficiency.
Correctly installed, FlexWrap™ NF can help stop water from getting at the corners of windows and doors. In turn, that can help prevent water damage, such as wood rot and corrosion,as well as mold. Keeping air and water out can also help maintain insulation R-value, for improved energy efficiency.
The “NF” in DuPont™ FlexWrap™ NF means “no fasteners.” Instead, DuPont™ FlexWrap™ NF is a self adhered, extendable flashing backed with a 100% butyl-based adhesive layer, making one-step installation – and protection – possible. And because it’s an extendible flashing material, DuPont™ FlexWrap™ NF can be stretched and wrapped into a rough window opening before the window is installed, or flashed around arched or custom-shaped windows, as well as other wall penetrations.
So FlexWrap™ NF isn’t just an effective flashing to seal out water, it’s also a cost- and time-effective material for crews to work with on the job site.
Performance You Can Trust
DuPont™ FlexWrap™ NF offers superior performance and more:
- Qualified according to AAMA 711-07 Voluntary Specifications for Self Adhering Flashing Used for Installation of Exterior Wall Fenestration Products.
- Backed by a 10-year limited warranty from DuPont.
- Trained installation services through the DuPont Certified Installer Program.
When a self adhered flashing material is the right choice– due to variations in the substrate material, unique spatial challenges, custom window shapes, or other consideration —DuPont™ FlexWrap™ NF delivers a practical, integrated solution.
Learn how to install and flash a flanged window unit using DuPont™ FlexWrap™ NF and DuPont™ Flashing Tape. Our expert takes you through the process, step by step.
Additional Information (11)
- Architectural Binder: DuPont Tyvek®
- CAD: Commercial Technical Drawings PDF
- CAD: Commercial Technical Drawings DWG
- CAD: Residential Technical Drawings PDF
- CAD: Residential Technical Drawings DWG
- Installation Guides
Hurricanes no match for Tyvek®
DuPont™ Tyvek® Building Envelope system Protects House From Extreme Weather.
- Home Achieves Outstanding Energy Performance Rating
- CommercialWrap® D Provides Superior Protection
- New House Protected by DuPont Building Envelope Products
- Tyvek® Fluid Applied System Protects Texas A&M Building
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied Setting the Standard for Enduring, Sustainable Construction
- Project Profile: DuPont™ Weatherization Systems and Willowick Park Complex
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied System Protects Texas A&M Building
- Project Profile: St. Louis Ballpark Village and Tyvek® CommercialWrap®
- Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB Protects