DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0. Breathable Air, Water and Thermal Protection in One Roll
The next revolution in weatherization technology—one breathable product for air, water and thermal protection.
DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 offers the air and water management benefits of all DuPont™ Tyvek® weather barriers with an R-value of 5.0. Compared to other exterior insulation products, the unique structure of Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 allows any moisture that may get inside the wall to dry and escape to the outside, helping to prevent the accumulation of water in the wall reducing the chance for water damage and mold.
Easy and Familiar Installation
DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0—like other Tyvek® weather barriers—can be installed using familiar techniques and familiar materials, including DuPont Flashing Systems products, Tyvek® Tape, Tyvek® Wrap Caps and DuPont™ Residential Sealant. Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 is made with 6” uninsulated flaps at the start and bottom of each roll, allowing all horizontal and vertical seams to be installed in a shingled fashion. This cannot be accomplished with rigid exterior insulation products and is an essential step to keep water and air out of the wall.
Reduce the Risk of Callbacks.
DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 is a breathable alternative to other exterior insulation products, like XPS, EPS, and Polyisocyanurate foam exterior insulation. Moisture that may enter the wall cavity is able to escape back to the outside of the home, rather than accumulate in the wall. Rigid exterior foam insulations are not vapor-permeable or breathable, so moisture that gets behind the insulation is unable to dry effectively, potentially leading to mold and water damage. You can be confident that with Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0, you are getting the optimal balance of air, water and thermal protection, as well as breathability, which is critical to high-performance walls and more energy efficient, durable homes.
Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 features/benefits at a glance:
- Convenient, easy to handle 4’ x 40’ roll that allows for easier installation than rigid exterior insulation
- It breathes, allowing any water in the wall to dry and the moisture vapor to escape to the outside.
- Provides continuous exterior insulation (CI), increasing the R-value of the wall while reducing thermal bridging.
- Can be installed shingle fashion, reducing the potential for water infiltration and air leakage.
- Windows, doors and penetrations can be easily flashed using available DuPont Flashing Systems.
- Made with 20% pre-consumer, recycled polyolefin.
- Class A flame spread and smoke developed index rating with no added fire-retardant chemicals.
- Backed by a 10-year limited warranty.
- Energy savings and improved comfort for building occupants.
- Significantly reduces Home Energy Rating System (HERS) scores in various climate zones.
- Helps meet or exceed changing building and energy codes and standards.
- Increases the sheathing temperature decreasing the chance for interstitial wall condensation in heating climates.
- Supported nationally by the DuPont™ Tyvek® Specialists Network and the DuPont Building Knowledge Center.
Dependability from the Name You Trust.
For over 30 years, DuPont™ Tyvek® has been synonymous with protecting buildings from air and water. It has been used on millions of homes in every climate to provide consistent protection while helping to improve energy efficiency.
Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 continues this tradition of protection with the added benefit of an R5.0 insulating value to help you build more energy efficient homes that meet or exceed code.
Additional Information (13)
- CAD: Residential Technical Drawings PDF
- CAD: Residential Technical Drawings DWG
- Installation Guides
- Brochure: Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 (PDF)
- Fact Sheet: Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 (PDF)
- Health Product Declaration: DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 (PDF)
- Installation Checklist For Lap Sidings (e.g. wood/cedar or fiber cement) (PDF)
- Installation Checklist For Vinyl, Brick, and Natural Stone Sidings (PDF)
- MSDS - DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 (PDF)
- Physical Properties Data Sheet: Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 (PDF)
- Press Release: Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 (PDF)
- Technical Bulletin: Vinyl Siding Installed over DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 (PDF)
- Warranty: Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 10-Year Limited Warranty (PDF)
The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power. Ask your seller for the fact sheet on R-values. DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 uses a blanket insulation made of polyester and polyolefin fibers and will produce an R5.0 insulating value at a thickness of 1.5 inches.