Residential Window Sealant Helps Keep Wind and Water Out
A durable, flexible seal around windows and doors helps prevent water and air intrusion, and makes homes more durable and energy efficient.
DuPont™ Residential Sealant is a durable, highly flexible window sealant for use in general residential construction. It is formulated to bond well with DuPont™ Tyvek®, weather barriers, and other DuPont construction products, as well as most common building materials.
As an integral part of a complete building envelope system, DuPont™ Residential Sealant helps control both air and water intrusion, to help make homes more comfortable, prevent water damage, and reduce heating and cooling costs.
How It Works
DuPont™ Residential Sealant is a modified urethane acrylic window sealant that is highly durable and flexible, for easy installation around windows and doors, in both new construction and restoration projects.
It bonds with a wide range of DuPont materials, to help create an elastomeric, protective barrier against moisture infiltration and contribute to building airtightness. It also provides excellent bonding with a range of building substrates, including:
- Fiber Cement Siding
- Masonry, Brick and CMU
- Concrete, Wood, Metal and Glass
- Marble, Granite, Porcelain or Ceramic Tile
- Vinyl Siding
DuPont™ Residential Sealant is compliant with the following testing standards:
- Fed. Spec. TTS-00230C (Type S, Class A)
- ASTM C-920 (Grade NS, Class 25)
- ASTM C-834 (Type OP, Grade18C)
- AAMA 808.3
- Requirements of South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule #1168 as required for LEED® points
DuPont™ Residential Sealant is easy to apply and clean up, and provides a number of other practical advantages, including:
- Withstands temperatures from -20oF to 180oF.
- UVstable sealant bead.
- Flexibility allows ±25% movement of original joint dimension.
- Low VOC (volatile organic compounds), below 1.5%, equivalent to less than 16g/L.
- Part of NAHB Green Home Building Guidelines.
Support Throughout The Building Process
In addition to its superior performance, DuPont™ Residential Sealant is backed by the quality, integrity and resources of DuPont, as part of a building envelope system, including:
- The DuPont Certified Installer Program, offering training and certification for installation contractors.
- Support fromthe DuPont™ Tyvek® Specialist Network. From the latest updates on building codes to on-site consulting and training, a local DuPont™ Tyvek® Specialist can help make sure the job gets done right.
Additional Information (9)
- Architectural Binder: DuPont Tyvek®
- CAD: Residential Technical Drawings DWG
- CAD: Residential Technical Drawings PDF
- Installation Guides
- Health Product Declaration: DuPont™ Residential Sealant (PDF)