Grooved Surface Helps Tyvek® StuccoWrap® Improve Water Management
Ensure that the unique water management needs of stucco facades are covered, without compromising building envelope performance.
DuPont™ Tyvek® StuccoWrap® has an engineered, grooved surface – it's a stucco wrap designed to be installed as a drainage planebehind stucco facades and EIFS systems.
How It Works
Tyvek® StuccoWrap® helps provide better water management behind stucco facades, and reduce the susceptibility to cracking of the scratch-coat. It's a stucco wrap that can help promote both stronger façades andbetter-performing wall systems.
A single layer of Tyvek® StuccoWrap® is typically installed over sheathing in direct contact with stucco. Tyvek® is highly inert, and will not react with any of the standard ingredients found in traditional stucco mixtures. This allows it to be used in direct contact with stucco cladding mixtures, in accordance with ASTM C926-06 Standard Specification for Application of Portland Cement-Based Plaster.
It is a stucco wrap designed with an engineered, grooved surface for better water management when installed as part of a two layer system.
- Research shows that when stucco is directly applied to Tyvek® StuccoWrap® it is better than Grade D paper at managing hydration and remaining stable during curing.
- During the critical early hardening phase, Tyvek® StuccoWrap® helps control moisture distribution in the mix, improving the curing process overall, and resulting in stronger stucco.
Installation Is Easier
Tyvek® StuccoWrap® is easy to install. It is pliable, so it wraps around corners with ease, and easily interfaces at joints and over architectural elements. Lightweight, easier to handle and faster to install, Tyvek® StuccoWrap® is available in 5- foot-width rolls.
Support Throughout The Building Process
In addition to its superior performance, Tyvek® StuccoWrap® is backed by the quality, integrity and resources of DuPont, the company that invented building wrap, including:
- The DuPont™ Certified Installer Program, offering training and certification for installation contractors.
- 10-year limited warranty from DuPont.
- Support from the DuPont™ Tyvek® Specialist Network. From the latest updates on building codes to on-site consulting and training on DuPont weatherization products, a local Tyvek® Specialist can help you make sure the job gets done right.
Install DuPont™ Tyvek® StuccoWrap™ Behind Stucco
Installation of DuPont™ Tyvek® StuccoWrap™ behind cementitious stucco black paper layer placed prior to brown and scratch coats of traditional hard coat stucco.
Building Science Leader Maria Spinu and Architect Benjamin Meyer at DuPont explain how to build an airtight building: by sealing the building envelope with a continuous air barrier system. Dr. Spinu addresses DuPont air barrier solutions for commercial and residential markets and their benefits: air infiltration resistance, water resistance and vapor permeability.
Additional Information (14)
- Installation Guides
- Residential CAD Technical Drawings PDF
- Residential CAD Technical Drawings DWG
- DuPont Tyvek® Architectural Binder
- Building Science Bulletin: DuPont™ Tyvek® StuccoWrap® Bulletin (PDF)
- Fact Sheet: DuPont™ Tyvek® StuccoWrap® (PDF)
- MSDS - DuPont™ Tyvek® Spunbonded Olefin (PDF)
- Physical Properties Data Sheet: DuPont™ Tyvek® StuccoWrap® (PDF)
- Performance Specifications: DuPont™ Tyvek® StuccoWrap® (DOC)
- Performance Specifications: DuPont™ Tyvek® StuccoWrap® BEFORE windows (DOC)
- Performance Specifications: DuPont™ Tyvek® StuccoWrap® AFTER windows (DOC)
- Product Guide Specifications: DuPont™ Tyvek® StuccoWrap® (DOC)
- Product Specifications: DuPont™ Tyvek® StuccoWrap® BEFORE Windows (DOC)
- Product Specifications: DuPont™ Tyvek® StuccoWrap® AFTER Windows (DOC)
A project snapshot featuring DuPont™ Weatherization Systems helping to simplify a complex construction project.