Seal Openings Better With Window and Door Foam
Seal gaps, cracks, holes, and voids, to increase building air-tightness and moisture resistance.
DuPont™ Window & Door Foam is a minimal expansion, low pressure polyurethane window and door foam. It works with DuPont™ Tyvek® weather barriers to help keep air and water out around windows, doors, pipe penetrations, and joints.
As part of a complete system to help protect the building envelope, DuPont™ Window & Door Foam can help increase energy efficiency by keeping cooled and heated air in, and the outside climate out. It can also block water infiltration, to help protect against moisture-caused problems, including wood rot and mold.
- Window and door installation
- Electrical and plumbing penetrations
- Header joints
- Top plate penetrations
How It Works
DuPont™ Window & Door Foam is easy to use and scientifically proven to work with the complete line of DuPont™ Building Envelope system products. It is dispensed from an applicator gun, in bead form. Advantages include:
- Low foam pressure, low expansion. Won’t bow windows.
- Less waste, little or no trimming
- Quick setting formula
- No mixing
- Closed cell foam structure
- Excellent insulator
Slight to moderate expansion is exhibited during application of DuPont™ Window & Door Foam. Upon reaction with moisture, it cures to form flexible urethane foam. The closed cell structure of this material provides an R-Value of 5 per inch of cured foam.
This low-pressure window and door foam will not warp or deform windows and doors, and adheres to all types of building materials, including wood, concrete, and drywall. It is also compatible with asphalt and butyl flexible flashing.
Support Throughout The Building Process
In addition to its superior performance, DuPont™ Window & Door Foam is backed by the quality, integrity and resources of DuPont, as part of a building envelope system, including:
- The DuPont™ Certified Installer Program, offering training and certification for installation contractors.
- 10-year limited warranty from DuPont.
- Support from the DuPont™ Tyvek® Specialist Network. From the latest updates on building codes to on-site consulting and training on DuPont weatherization products, a local DuPont™ Tyvek® Specialist can help you make sure the job gets done right.
How to Install and Flash a Bump Out Window When Using DuPont™ Tyvek® DrainWrap™ Under Exterior Rigid Foam Insulation
Learn how to install and flash a flanged window unit using DuPont™ FlexWrap™ NF and DuPont™ Flashing Tape. Our expert takes you through the process, step by step.
Additional Information (4)
- Health Product Declaration: DuPont™ Tyvek® Flashing Tape (PDF)
- Evaluation Report - ICC-ES Report ESR-2375 - DuPont™ Tyvek® Water-Resistive Barriers (PDF)