Protecting Buildings by Sealing Windows And Doors
Close gaps around windows and doors, where air and water can enter walls of homes and commercial buildings.
DuPont offers a complete portfolio of flashing and sealant solutions for sealing windows and doors against air and water penetration.
Our flashing and sealing products help make it harder for water and air to find their way into the wall at the window or door, from jambs and heads of rectangular windows to brick mold and non-flanged windows and doors.
DuPont™ Window & Door Foam is a minimal expansion, low pressure polyurethane foam that adheres to all types of building materials, including wood, concrete and drywall.
Proven to work with DuPont™ Tyvek® building envelope products, DuPont™ Window & Door Foam is an ideal solution for sealing windows and doors. It contributes to a continuous weather barrier that can help increase a building’s energy efficiency by reducing heating and cooling costs and protecting against mold.
A Flexible Insulating Seal
DuPont™ Window & Door Foam is dispensed in bead form, using an applicator gun. It’s ideal for sealing windows and doors by filling the gaps, cracks, holes and voids that occur around them.
After curing, DuPont™ Window & Door Foam forms a flexible urethane barrier with an insulating value of R-5 per inch. This makes it an efficient sealant to prevent moisture and outside air from seeping in, and warm or cool interior air from seeping out from around windows and doors.
Closing the Openings
DuPont Building Envelope systems include many options and accessories for protecting buildings at their most vulnerable points,to help create a continuous air and water barrier.
- DuPont™ Tyvek® FluidApplied Flashing – Brush Formulation elastomeric flashing is a durable and vaporpermeable flashing product used to coat rough openings around windows and doors. It is fluidapplied and specially designed for brush application.
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied Flashing and Joint Compound water infiltration and air infiltration protection combines the functionality of both flashing and joint compound into a single, uniquely superior, trowel-applied product that helps reduce material waste.
- DuPont™ Sealant for DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied System elastomeric sealant is designed for quick, easy application with the Tyvek® FluidApplied system. It provides excellent adhesion to all common construction surfaces, using standard sealant equipment.
- DuPont™ Residential Sealant is a flexible window sealant made to keep air and water out around doors and windows for energy efficient, durable homes.
- DuPont™ FlexWrap™ NF self-adhered flashing helps prevent water intrusion at window and door sills, without mechanical fasteners.
- DuPont™ Adhesive Primer adhesive primer designed to strengthen the bond of butyl-backed self-adhered flashing products, when needed, due to either building surface or cold temperature.
- Home Achieves Outstanding Energy Performance Rating
Hurricanes no match for Tyvek®
DuPont™ Tyvek® Building Envelope system Protects House From Extreme Weather.
- Ronald McDonald House® and Tyvek®
- CommercialWrap® D Provides Superior Protection
- Project Profile: DuPont™ Weatherization System Products Help Simplify Complex Construction
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied Setting the Standard for Enduring, Sustainable Construction
- New House Protected by DuPont Building Envelope Products
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied System Protects Texas A&M Building
- Project Profile: DuPont™ Weatherization Systems and Willowick Park Complex
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied System Helps Savannah Hospital
- Project Profile: St. Louis Ballpark Village and Tyvek® CommercialWrap®
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied and Ronald McDonald House®