Architectural Lighting Design at American Standard
American Standard International Headquarters Lobby, Piscataway, New Jersey
Dennis Posen, Rick Rubin, Lori Klein—Posen, Rubin & Rotman Architects Fabricator, Eagle Fabrication Inc.
Architectural Lighting Design
American Standard Hallway Design
- Designing a unique floor-to-ceiling lighting system for an elevator lobby in a modern corporate environment.
- Creating a dimensional, sculptural, hallway lighting system that can stand up to high traffic.
- Selecting a surface material with translucent qualities ideal for backlighting.
- Choosing a material that can be custom-moulded to fit complicated curves, tapered edges and other unique design requirements.
- Finding a surface material that is both beautiful and highly functional and that can be attached to metal framework.
- Meeting the extreme dimensions of the oversized fixtures requires custom seam work.
- Versatile DuPont™ Corian® solid surface was thermo-formed into beautiful, curved, three-dimensional panels, with moulding custom-designed for perfect alignment.
- Corian® was available in the colors and patterns necessary to achieve an elegant, slightly marblised effect for this oversized application.
- The translucency of Corian® surfaces was ideal for backlighting—giving off plenty of light in a high-traffic area, yet diffusing the light to achieve the desired effects.
- Corian® is an extremely versatile, flexible surface that can be easily thermo-formed, backlit or seamed to meet the requirements of intricate custom designs.
- With a wide range colors and aesthetics, Corian® offers endless design options in both horizontal and vertical applications.
- Durable Corian® is stain- and fade-resistant, renewable and requires little maintenance—ideal for withstanding daily workplace traffic.