Hospital Interior Design using Corian® Interior Wall Surfacing
Denton Presbyterian Hospital
Rod Booze, Architect and Michelle Mayo, Interior Designer, The Ascension Group Fabricator: Goodall Distributors, Dallas, TX
Denton Presbyterian Hospital Interior Design
- Building a comfortable hospital environment for both patients and staff, with a dual focus on healing and functionality.
- Choosing the right surfacing solution to meet the cleanliness, design and durability needs of the building.
- Designing a state-of-the-art facility that incorporates cost-effective materials in patient rooms, hallways, waiting rooms, staff workstations and a cafeteria.
- Selecting surfaces that withstand daily wear and tear, as well as provide plentiful color choices and aesthetics to achieve design excellence.
- Securing materials that offer design versatility, including a seamless appearance in applications such as multi-tiered nurse stations.
- Specifying nonporous surfaces that meet commercial building standards for infection control, fire safety and food preparation.
- DuPont™ Corian® solid surface can be fabricated into most any design including sinks, wall cladding, furniture, lighting fixtures, signage and reception desks.
- Corian® and Zodiaq® are nonporous and do not support the growth of mold, mildew or bacteria. Both surfaces can be easily and repeatedly washed and disinfected with no deterioration.
- Corian® and Zodiaq® are NSF/ANSI 51 Certified for food contact and Class 1 (A) fire rated according to ASTM E84.
- Corian® and Zodiaq® resist chips, scratches, cracks, and stains. They are durable, practical surfaces that help prevent costly hospital maintenance in high traffic areas.
- Corian® is available in a wide range of colors and aesthetics.
- Zodiaq® is available coordinates easily with other popular materials including chrome, brass, stainless steel, wood, glass, tile and Corian® solid surfaces.