Operating Suites designed using Corian® Interior Wall Surfacing
The Operating Suites at Edward Hospital
Wally Tarasewicz, Project Manager
- Creating operating facilities that are sterile and easy to maintain
- Establishing a comfortable, calming, appealing atmosphere for both patients and surgical staff
- Designing safe, flexible, user-friendly operating suites
- Selecting wall materials that will not support the growth of microorganisms, mould and mildew for critical operating environments
- Finding materials that are durable, stain-resistant, and easy-to-clean
- Choosing materials that can bring warmth to a sterile, highly technical atmosphere.
- The stain-resistant, easy-to-clean properties of DuPont™ Corian® solid surface made it an ideal choice for use on operating suite walls
- Non-porous and virtually seamless, Corian® wall cladding does not support the growth of microorganisms or mould, which helps create and maintain sterile environments
- With its inherent warmth and wide range of colors, Corian® created a pleasing, more positive environment—eliminating the cold, institutional feeling that patients and staff tend to expect from hospitals
- Corian® provides the durability, renewability and easy maintenance crucial to heavy-traffic operating suites
- Corian® surfaces bring many safety features to healthcare settings, from reducing the chance for contamination to eliminating sharp edges and making surfaces code-compliant
- The versatility and extensive color palette of Corian® provide unlimited design options
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 21+ and a resident of the 50 US (including DC) and Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. Void where prohibited. Ends 12/2/14. For Official Rules, click here.