Stain-resistant Bar Tops—Ideal for Food and Drink Service
The Glenmorgan Bar and Grill at the Radnor Hotel, Wayne, Pennsylvania
Steve Bajus, Project Director
- Renovating and updating an existing bar and grill to a new level of style and sophistication
- Needed beautiful, versatile, durable materials that could withstand everyday wear and tear from glasses, bottles, spills, standing liquids and hot plates.
The Glenmorgan Bar and Grill
The image caption is not restricted in its character count.
- Creating a space that is unique and pleasing to the eye yet easy to maintain
- Finding interesting surfaces with a wide range of colors and extensive design capabilities
- Using material versatile enough to be used in a customized drink rail and Chicago-style leaning rail.
- DuPont™ Corian® solid surface and Zodiaq® quartz surface were cut and combined into custom applications and designs adding to the unique appeal of this space
- The ability to create a tight seam between the Corian® and Zodiaq® surfaces enabled a creative use of materials without gaps that could trap food, dirt and bacteria
- Soft neutrals and deep shades were combined for a cozy, sophisticated, two-tone effect.
- Both Corian® and Zodiaq® are nonporous and stain-resistant—ideal for food prep and service
- The technologies behind Corian® and Zodiaq® assure excellent durability, renewability and reliability
- The quartz crystals in Zodiaq® provide a radiant, upscale look and work well with the warm approachable aesthetic of Corian®.