Hospital Walls feature Corian® Interior Wall Surfacing
Bozeman Deaconess Hospital, Bozeman, Montana
Phil Sparks, Facility Manager
Bozeman Deaconess Hospital Walls
Bozeman Deaconess Hospital Countertops
Bozeman Deaconess Hospital Cart Area
- Walls were continuously being damaged by equipment, carts, wheelchairs, recliners and gurneys in high traffic patient areas such as corridors, elevators and day surgery rooms.
- Kitchen and cafeteria walls near the trash cans, cart wash area, and pots and pan sink needed constant repair and painting from cart damage and prolonged hot water exposure.
- Short-term repairs and painting were causing costly, on-going disruptions in hospital operations and did not provide the clean, crisp appearance necessary in the healthcare facility.
- Finding cost-effective surfacing materials that are durable enough to withstand the high traffic abuse of a busy hospital.
- Using materials that are non-porous in all hospital applications, especially where there is standing water that can breed bacteria or disintegrate the finish of a surface to the point where it cannot be properly disinfected.
- Selecting surfaces that not only look beautiful, but are highly versatile for a wide range of hospital applications.
- Corian® saves Bozeman Deaconess Hospital $30,000 – $50,000 per year in wall repair and painting costs. It is durable and renewable helping to eliminate inconvenient and complicated patient area maintenance.
- Corian® is solid all the way through. It resists chips, cracks and scratches. Corian® will remain looking as clean and new as the day it was installed with simple, proper cleaning and maintenance.
- The versatility and extensive color palette of Corian® provides unlimited options in healthcare applications.
- DuPont™ Corian® solid surface is tough, long-lasting and can stand up to abuse in high traffic areas in hospitals where it will look beautiful for many years.
- Non-porous and virtually seamless Corian® is resistant to stains and mould, mildew and bacteria growth. It is easy to clean as there no grout- or seam-gaps to trap soil.
- Corian® can be fabricated for use in many durable applications such as wall cladding, corner guards, hand rails, back splashes, elevator cab cladding, trash receptacle covers, nurse’s stations and windowsills.