Beautiful Public and Outdoor Spaces
David Giovannitti, Designer, Giovannitti, Inc.
Fabricator: Allegheny Solid Surface Technology
Thermo-formed Corian® Material
Outdoor Spaces with Corian® Solid Surface
- To design a monolithic space, beautiful in form and function, using DuPont™ Corian® solid surface sheets in Glacier White as wall panels and flooring, in order to re-create a garden/patio space that appears hewn out of a single block of Corian®.
- To compliment the living space both aesthetically and functionally, so that the garden is as pleasing to the eye and as enjoyable a space as the new and beautiful apartment to which it belongs.
- A spiral staircase as well as ledges for plants needed to be built into the design.
- Finding a material that is easy-to-maintain, assists in water drainage and can withstand the elements for multi-season weatherability.
- Due to the design of the aluminum sub-structure, need a material that can attach to itself and other materials without difficulty to fit in the space.
- Limited physical size of the area means that every available inch needs to enhance the serenity of the garden.
- Corian® could be used for both wall and floor panels, assuring that the space would have the singular color and texture needed to create the universal design effect.
- The ability to thermo-form Corian® to create consistent radius edges produced the desired style and warmth within the space.
- The capability of Corian® to create inconspicuous seams, coping, cap pieces, and corner returns minimises areas of potential water exposure and damage.
- Corian® is available in a wide range of colors. It can be fabricated in many ways to create the desired aesthetics.
- Corian® is durable and easy-to-maintain – even in outdoor applications. It is slip-resistant, ideal for wet floors or walls in bathrooms or patios.
- Corian® Glacier White for the walls and floor panels offered a product in which the designer and owner had a high level of trust.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 21+ and a resident of the 50 US (including DC) and Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. Void where prohibited. Ends 12/2/14. For Official Rules, click here.