Modern Restaurant & Bar Design
Varona's Modern Restaurant
Varona’s Restaurant at Pensacola Regional Airport, Pensacola, Florida
Luann Hecht, Senior Interior Designer, Bullock Tice Associates
- Designing a stylish deli restaurant and bar for a busy Florida airport.
- Recreating an urban, contemporary atmosphere different from the owner’s other existing restaurant.
- Choosing durable materials that could stand up to the daily wear and tear of a fast-paced, high-traffic environment.
- Selecting surface materials that offered the color selection necessary to create a signature restaurant environment.
- Overcoming the client’s preference for using granite for the bar and countertops.
- Choosing materials that could stand up to spills, stains, hot plates, food service code requirements and the chips and scratches caused by constant use.
- Smooth, beautiful Corian® surfaces added an element of style and simplicity to a multifaceted restaurant environment.
- DuPont™ Corian® solid surface is a name that the designers and the client both knew and trusted—making the decision to use it throughout the restaurant a simpler choice.
- Corian® solid surfaces are nonporous and meet NSF/ANSI 51 food service Certification—both priorities to the client.
- With a wide range colors and an attractive, virtually seamless appearance, Corian® offers endless design options.
- Durable Corian® is easy to clean and maintain—ideal for daily use in a high-traffic restaurant.
- Corian® is nonporous, NSF/ANSI 51 food contact Certified and Class 1(A) fire rated—making it extremely functional and ideal for many food service applications.