Food Service Areas that Stand Up to Daily Wear and Tear
Salve Regina University, Newport, Rhode Island
Jerry Scully, Project Manager
Edward Clinton, Architect, Clinton Design Associate
Salve Regina University Dining Hall
Salve Regina University Dining Area
- Creating a stylish, upscale restaurant atmosphere in an old dining hall space to broaden the appeal to students.
- Designing an expanded, flexible environment to accommodate an increase in menu options as well as social activities.
- Updating a high-traffic food service area at the university that could stand up to the wear and tear of daily use by the student population.
- Choosing unique, stylish and interesting design elements that could attract students to a renovated dining hall area.
- Design a student gathering space that has an intimate, upscale feel with materials that are practical, durable and easy to maintain.
- Finding surfaces with the performance characteristics necessary to meet the needs of a university food service operation—including a hot pizza station, cold salad bar and specific food and fire code requirements.
- The unique radiance of DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surfaces created a warm, elegant dining space and cozy atmosphere that succeed in attracting students.
- Zodiaq® is heat-resistant, nonporous and stain-resistant and has NSF/ANSI Standard 51 Certification for food contact in commercial food service applications.
- Zodiaq® surfaces combine the natural strength and beauty of quartz with advanced polymer technology resulting in a highly durable surface that can meet the challenge of daily wear and tear.
- With an extensive color palette and distinctive natural crystals, Zodiaq® brings a high level of style and sophistication to a wide range of environments.
- Zodiaq® resists chips, cracks and scratches. It requires no sealants or treatments and is easy to clean and maintain. Overall it is an ideal surface for high-traffic areas.
- From countertops and buffets to cooking stations and tabletops, versatile Zodiaq® is a practical choice for a variety of horizontal food service applications.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 21+ and a resident of the 50 US (including DC) and Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. Void where prohibited. Ends 12/2/14. For Official Rules, click here.