The Superbrands Department at Selfridges, London, England
David Adjaye, Architect
Selfridges Retail Shop Design
Added Depth at Selfridges
The Superbrand's Department at Selfridges
- Creating a high-end designer retail experience within the existing flagship Selfridges department store.
- Choosing beautiful, durable materials that will meet precise aesthetic and architectural requirements of creating an indoor urban marketplace.
- Designing a functional space in a high-traffic environment while satisfying the tastes of sophisticated shoppers.
- Selecting versatile materials that could be used on the floors, walls and ceiling to create a dramatic tunnel entranceway.
- Choosing surfaces that offer vibrant colors, unique textures and finishes.
- Finding durable, practical design elements that provide the luxury and style necessary for a fashion-forward environment.
- A blend of exceptional strength and brilliant visual attributes, DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surface met the extreme design specifications of a high-fashion, high-traffic tunnel and walkway.
- Stylish Zodiaq® offered consistent, intense color and high-gloss luster—while its natural quartz crystals added radiance and light play.
- Versatile Zodiaq® surfaces captured the attention of upscale customers by creating a vivid, dynamic red entryway—covering the walls, floor and ceiling—of this unique urban market environment
- With distinctive crystals and an extensive color palette, Zodiaq® provides added depth and reflective qualities enhancing most any high-impact design.
- Zodiaq® resists chips, cracks, scratches and stains and requires no sealants or treatments, offering durability in high-traffic areas as well as low maintenance.
- Zodiaq® is versatile and unique. It can be used as flooring, wall cladding and ceilings, among many other applications, and complements a variety of other design materials.