Retail Shop Design in the Superbrands Department at Selfridges
The Superbrands Department at Selfridges, London, England
David Adjaye, Architect
Selfridges Retail Shop Design
Added Depth at Selfridges
The Superbrand's Department at Selfridges
- Creating a high-end designer retail experience within the existing flagship Selfridges department store.
- Choosing beautiful, durable materials that will meet precise aesthetic and architectural requirements of creating an indoor urban marketplace.
- Designing a functional space in a high-traffic environment while satisfying the tastes of sophisticated shoppers.
- Selecting versatile materials that could be used on the floors, walls and ceiling to create a dramatic tunnel entranceway.
- Choosing surfaces that offer vibrant colors, unique textures and finishes.
- Finding durable, practical design elements that provide the luxury and style necessary for a fashion-forward environment.
- A blend of exceptional strength and brilliant visual attributes, DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surface met the extreme design specifications of a high-fashion, high-traffic tunnel and walkway.
- Stylish Zodiaq® offered consistent, intense color and high-gloss luster—while its natural quartz crystals added radiance and light play.
- Versatile Zodiaq® surfaces captured the attention of upscale customers by creating a vivid, dynamic red entryway—covering the walls, floor and ceiling—of this unique urban market environment
- With distinctive crystals and an extensive color palette, Zodiaq® provides added depth and reflective qualities enhancing most any high-impact design.
- Zodiaq® resists chips, cracks, scratches and stains and requires no sealants or treatments, offering durability in high-traffic areas as well as low maintenance.
- Zodiaq® is versatile and unique. It can be used as flooring, wall cladding and ceilings, among many other applications, and complements a variety of other design materials.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 21+ and a resident of the 50 US (including DC) and Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. Void where prohibited. Ends 12/2/14. For Official Rules, click here.