Multi-station Food Court Stands Up to Daily Wear and Tear
University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
Collins Cooper Carusi Architect
University of Georgia Food Court
The image caption is not restricted in its character count.
- Designing a multi-station and food court area in a campus student center and dining facility.
- Creating a stylish, fun and functional serving environment for a 580-seat dining hall and cyber café.
- Choosing durable, renewable materials that will stand up to the wear and tear of a busy food service environment as well as daily use by the student population.
- Selecting surface materials that were durable and easy to maintain but could also add color and beauty as a featured design element.
- Finding materials that could meet the varied design requirements for a number of unique applications including: hot/cold serving platforms, tray stands, countertops, display boxes and beverage stations.
- Choosing surfaces that could stand up to spills, stains, chips, cracks, extreme temperatures and food service code requirements.
- With a sleek, streamlined look and varied color palette, DuPont™ Corian® solid surface and Zodiaq® quartz surface added a cohesive element to the many varied chef serving stations.
- Corian® and Zodiaq® surface materials are both durable and renewable. They resist chips, cracks, scratches and stains—making cleaning and maintenance simple.
- A wide range of features made Corian® and Zodiaq® ideal for a food service environment. These included: NSF/ANSI 51 food contact Certification and a Class 1(A) fire rating.
- With its unmatched durability, extensive color palette and endless fabrication options, Corian® is one of the most versatile surface materials available.
- The radiant quartz surface of Zodiaq® is beautifully unique and durable. It requires no sealants or treatments, keeping cleaning and maintenance simple.
- Both Corian® and Zodiaq® are beautiful and stylish, yet practical and functional—making them the ideal choice for a wide range of food service applications.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 21+ and a resident of the 50 US (including DC) and Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. Void where prohibited. Ends 12/2/14. For Official Rules, click here.