Hospital Interior Design
The fight to control infections in healthcare facilities is no longer just a facility issue.
Today, helping with infection control is an important issue in hospital interior design, The surfaces that you specify play an important role in helping you create safe and healthy environments. Nonporous, easy to maintain and extremely strong, DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surface is highly suitable for important public-facing applications, such as reception desks in healthcare environments.
Take a Virtual Hospital Tour
See how materials like Zodiaq® are being utilized in healthcare spaces. Take a Virtual Hospital Tour.
DuPont™ Zodiaq® Attributes
DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surface has the beauty of natural stone, without all the maintenance. It is unconventionally beautiful. Dramatic veining and movement stir the imagination. When creating a healthcare environment, Zodiaq® can combine design and color to create a beautiful waiting room wall, a handsome table, or countertops in a peaceful waiting room. DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surface is:
- Easy to clean and maintain: no sealant, polish or reconditioning is necessary and when properly cleaned, Zodiaq® does not support the growth of mold and mildew.
- Nonporous and stain-resistant.
- Scratch-resistant. Zodiaq® created from quartz crystal, one of nature´s hardest materials.
- GREENGUARD Certified® as low VOC-emitting material and GREENGUARD Listed for microbial resistance.
- Class I (A) fire rated.
- Most colors of Zodiaq® are NFS/ANSI Standard 51 Certified for food Contact.
Available in numerous colors.
What better way to introduce the world to your design than with the natural beauty, versatility, and durability of reception desks made with Zodiaq® quartz surface? These natural quartz-based desks add sophisticated elegance to any reception area.
STERIS Corporation Case Study
Read the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) case study on STERIS Corporation to see how they are working today for a safer tomorrow.
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
Respiratory Drug Unit Dose Packaging
DuPont™ 20 series resins are proven for use in unit dose packaging for medications used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma and listed in FDA Drug Master Files.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
Hytrel® for Medical Tubing
Hytrel® fulfills plastic medical tubing requirements for flexibility, compliance with purity standards, toughness & resistance to flex fatigue, to a wide range of chemicals, and to traditional medical sterilization procedures.
- Gundersen Health Systems
- Ronald McDonald House
- Denton Presbyterian Hospital
- Scottish Rite Hospital Design
- Metropolitan Hospital Interior Design
- Benefis Hospital Room Design
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- How Small Is Small? The Effects of Pinholes on Medical Packaging
- A new method for measuring porous microbial barrier s: Part II A closer look at ASTM international standard test m ethod F2638
- Technical Information - Test Results for DuPont™ Tyvek®
- A new method for measuring porous microbial barrier s: Part I The work behind ASTM International Standard Test Me thod F2638
- Tyvek® vs. Medical-Grade Papers
- Medical Packaging Design Essentials
- DuPont unveiling third-generation Tyvek® Cargo Cover at the 'LogiPharma' supply chain event in Montreux 19th - 21st April 2016
DSS Launches New Operational Excellence Offering
Integrated, Balanced Approach Helps Companies Increase Productivity and Improve Quality, Human Safety and Environmental Footprint
The Path to Operational Excellence
Read the article to learn more about why operational excellence is one of the most important contributors to an organization’s sustainable performance and growth.
Operational Excellence Infographic
This infographic outlines why companies undertake operational improvements, the external drivers, gaps which can lead to a low success rate and the benefits of an operations excellence program.
Operations Excellence Overview
Achieving operations excellence is one of the most important contributors to an organization’s sustainable performance and growth. Learn more about the DuPont Consulting Solution for operations excellence.
Lab Chosen for Package Testing
DuPont Medical and Pharmaceutical Protection selected Nelson Laboratories as the independent testing lab that will perform the medical package testing for the DuPont™ Tyvek® Medical Packaging Transition Project (MPTP).
DuPont offers a range of medical device and healthcare packaging solutions that meet regulatory guidelines and the requirements of healthcare organizations.