DuPont Introduces Eight New DuPont™ Corian® Solid Surface Colors
Patricia SeifDuPont Building Innovations302-999-6066
WILMINGTON, DEL., Apr 26, 2011
- Inspired by the rich and varied hues and textures of spice, DuPont introduces eight new DuPont™ Corian® solid surface colors including Hickory Smoke, Clove, Allspice, Basil, Cilantro, Arrowroot, Blue Spice and Hazelnut.
2011 Corian® solid surface New Colors
DuPont™ Corian® Solid Surfaces:
- Homeowners and kitchen and bath designers can choose from 108 DuPont™ Corian® colors.
- DuPont™ Corian® solid surfaces are low-maintenance materials that provide innovative style, design flexibility and high-performance benefits.
- DuPont™ Corian® solid surface is designed to blend with other materials including: glass, wood, tile, stone, metal and DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surfaces.
- DuPont™ Corian® solid surfaces are nonporous and with proper cleaning do not promote the growth of mold, mildew or bacteria.
- DuPont™ Corian® is easy to clean and maintain and does not require sealing.
- DuPont™ Corian® ranges from approximately $40 - $80 per square foot installed and includes a ten-year residential installed, transferable limited warranty from DuPont. Pricing varies on complexity, color and project location.
- Information can be found online at countertops.dupont.com or by calling toll-free 800-4-CORIAN.
DuPont™ Corian® Solid Surfaces Design Possibilities:
- DuPont™ Corian® can be used for numerous applications throughout the home, including countertops, backsplashes, vanity tops, interior wall surfaces, tub and shower surrounds, desktops and windowsills.
- DuPont™ Corian® solid surfaces can be renewed – stains and scratches can be easily removed to restore it to its original appearance.
- DuPont™ Corian® can be formed into virtually any shape or design through thermoforming, CNC-routing or sandblasting and can be textured or polished to develop unique styles and finishes.
- Select colors of DuPont™ Corian® solid surface have a unique translucency, which adds dimension and makes it an ideal choice for superior illumination.
Helping to Meet Sustainable Design Goals:
- DuPont™ Corian® solid surfaces, DuPont™ Joint Adhesive and DuPont™ Surface Sealant may help earn U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED® for Homes™ points under MR Credit 2.2: Environmentally Preferable Products for low emissions and local production.
- DuPont™ Corian® solid surfaces, DuPont™ Joint Adhesive and DuPont™ Surface Sealant are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® and have received the GREENGUARD Certification for Children & Schools SM.
- DuPont™ Corian® solid surfaces, DuPont™ Joint Adhesive and DuPont™ Surface Sealant may contribute to obtaining credits for locally available materials and low-VOC sealants per the NAHB Model Green Home Building Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2011
The DuPont Oval, DuPont™, and Corian® are registered trademarks or trademarks of DuPont or its affiliates. Only DuPont makes DuPont™ Corian® solid surfaces and Zodiaq® quartz surfaces. GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® and GREENGUARD for Children & SchoolsSM are registered trademarks or service marks of GREENGUARD Environmental Institute. LEED® for Homes™ is a trademark of the U.S. Green Building Council.