Global Practice Leader, Energy Efficiency Consulting
Christopher A. Smith is Global Leader of the Energy Efficiency practice for DuPont Sustainable Solutions, one of the fastest-growing divisions at DuPont and a recognized global leader in operations management consulting.
Christopher Smith has worked directly with clients across a range of industries, including aerospace and aviation, chemicals, energy and utilities, manufacturing, mining and metals processing, oil and gas, pulp and paper, and transportation.
Smith is currently responsible for global business strategy and profitability, as well as hands‐on strategic counsel to a broad client base of Fortune 500 executive teams around the world.
Areas of Specialization
- Developing strategic sustainability and operations solutions
- Launching and scaling new business concepts
- Building strategic business alliances and partnerships for DuPont and its clients
- Directing cross-functional and international consulting engagements
- Developing the capabilities that have made the DuPont Global Energy Efficiency practice a global leader
- Driving exponential growth within the DuPont Printed Circuit Materials electronics business
- Leading technical support efforts and managing capital projects for DuPont Specialty Chemical manufacturing facilities
Christopher Smith has significant global experience, having worked in North America, Eastern Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Japan, China, Australia, and India. He has a demonstrated track record developing and directing complex multimillion-dollar engagements in sustainability strategy, operations risk management, and operations performance improvement.
- Track record of developing and directing complex, large-scale engagements
- Received DuPont Corporate Marketing and Sales Excellence Award
- Received DuPont Specialty Chemicals Technical Excellence Award
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, University of Delaware, USA
Before he was tapped ten years ago to help build the DuPont Consulting business, Christopher Smith was responsible for driving exponential growth for the Printed Circuit Materials electronics business at DuPont. Prior to that, he led technical support efforts, supervised operations, and managed capital projects for DuPont Specialty Chemical manufacturing facilities.
Smith is currently based in the San Francisco Bay Area.