President, Asia Pacific, DuPont Sustainable Solutions
Juan Aguiriano is responsible for expanding a consulting practice that leverages real-world experience and proven approaches to help organizations improve and sustain return on operations and assets while reducing their footprint.
Juan recently worked at the executive level with national oil & gas and mining companies in Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America on a broad range of strategic issues including: corporate sustainability strategy development, sustainability management systems and planning, industrial energy efficiency strategy and management systems, operations transformation strategy and production systems strategy and design.
Areas of Specialization
- Business and operations management
- Corporate sustainability strategy
- Environmental management
- Energy Efficiency
- Asset productivity
- Capital Effectiveness
- Change Management
- Culture Change
- Advised senior executives from the top 500 corporations in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa in industries such as oil and gas, power and utilities, cement, mining and steel.
Juan has 25 years of experience with DuPont. He joined in 1989 and held regional and global positions in general management, operations, finance, sales, and marketing for the company’s Lycra® business.
In 2002 he became the Global Innovation Director for DuPont INVISTA apparel. In 2004 he became Corporate Marketing Director for DuPont in the Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) region. In 2005, he was named President, EMEA, for DuPont Safety Resources, which is now part of DuPont Sustainable Solutions.
Since 2008, he has led DuPont Sustainable Solutions’ global Sustainable Operations practice. He assumed his current postion in April 2013.
- DuPont Executive Leadership Development "Leading Edge" 2011
- IMD Executive Leadership Development Series 2005
- Six Sigma Innovation Champion 2001
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Social Sciences from the University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Master of Arts in Economics from the University of Texas at Austin, USA
A native of Spain, Juan Aguiriano has been stationed in Switzerland, Portugal, Spain, the United Kingdom, the United States and Hong Kong during his DuPont career. He is now based in Singapore.