Employee Safety Global Practice Leader, DuPont Sustainable Solutions
Mieke Jacobs leads the DSS Global Employee Safety practice, focused on the safety and productivity of people.
Drawing from best practices created by DuPont, Mieke and her team help reduce lost-time incidents, develop employee skills and minimize risk. They work to improve efficiency, productivity and safety culture for a range of global clients, including top energy, chemical, oil and gas, construction, manufacturing and mining companies.
Prior to her current role, Mieke was the Production System Leader for DuPont Europe and Middle East—managing a team of change management mentors and coaches throughout her region. During this time, she also led the rollout of the DuPont Production System across Europe.
Areas of Specialization
- Workplace safety, including contractor safety issues
- Design and implementation of corporate safety initiatives
- Change management, production systems and supply chains
- Led a team of 12 Production System & Change Management experts, supporting all DuPont manufacturing sites across EMEA.
- Led the roll-out and implementation of the DuPont Production System in EMEA.
- Elected member of the European Fluoroproducts Leadership Team.
- Received her Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
- Master of Commercial Engineering, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Master of Economics, Universidad del Pais Vasco
- Fluent in Dutch, English, French, German, and Spanish
- Certified in Production & Inventory Management, APICS
- Board Member, Junior Chamber International
Mieke joined DuPont 17 years ago, and has held positions focused on supply chain management and safety—at both a national and regional level. Prior to her career at DuPont, Mieke gained a wealth of international experience through her studies.