Process Technology Manager, DuPont Clean Technologies
Randy Peterson is responsible for managing innovation, process engineering and technical service work for STRATCO®. He has worked for STRATCO® for 24 years and worked in the refining business for over 26 years.
Randy developed and commercialized the reduced-inventory Acid Settler design with the successful startup of seven grassroots alkylation units since 2009.
Areas of Specialization
- Design of grassroots alkylation units and revamps of existing units
- Operator training
- Unit startups
- Unit audits (TEAM Studies)
- Test runs and troubleshooting
- Developed the first successful design of the patented Tube Insert technology currently used in at least 90 STRATCO® Contactor reactor tube bundles around the world
- Co-developed the coalescing technology currently used in all of STRATCO®’s new treating vessels
- Co-inventor of the patented ALKYSAFE™ HF to H2SO4 low cost conversion/expansion process for STRATCO®
Prior to DuPont, Randy was a member of Conoco’s Process Engineering Department where he worked on an HF Alkylation Revamp, a Reformer and 2 FCC Revamp projects.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Rockhurst College, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Kansas, USA