Global Managing Director, DuPont Sustainable Solutions
Simon W. Herriott is Global Managing Director of the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) global consulting practice. He leads the DuPont safety and sustainability consulting and training businesses worldwide. This includes practices in safety, environmental sustainability, energy efficiency, operations and capital performance, and capability development. He brings a holistic approach to creating safer, more efficient workplaces and work cultures within a broader context of sustainable business practices.
Simon Herriott has leveraged the real-world experience and best practices of DuPont to benefit a broad range of clients. Recent engagements include some of the top industrial companies in Asia, Europe, and North America. He has extensive experience in the fields of specialty chemicals, consumer products, and consulting, among others.
Areas of Specialization
- Business transformation, change management, leadership, and organizational strategy
- Building and developing top-performing teams
- Client engagements, specifically within the oil and gas, mining, and transportation industries
- Connecting larger sustainability goals with workplace safety and efficiency
- Serving as Global Director of the $2 billion Chemical Solutions business at DuPont
- Working extensively across cultures and continents, with engagements in Europe, Asia, and the USA
- Authoring articles on workplace safety published in Sustainable Business Forum
Simon Herriott has over 24 years of experience in the global chemical industry with a focus on business leadership, strategy, and organizational development. He has worked with senior leaders at companies in the US, India, China, the UK, Germany, Australia, Indonesia, Singapore, Japan, and Thailand, with a focus on transforming his clients’ safety and sustainability cultures, as well as their performance.
Herriott joined DuPont in 2004 as a Global Business Leader and in 2006 was appointed Global Marketing Director, DuPont Chemical Solutions Enterprise. He then served as Regional Managing Director, Asia Pacific, for DuPont Sustainable Solutions and as the global practice leader for Safety Resources, before being promoted to his current worldwide post in November 2011. He is currently based in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Broad and deep experience in the global chemical industry
- Advisory board member, Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER)
- Master’s degree in International Management, McGill University, Canada
- Marketing diploma, Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK
- Honors Science degree, University of Durham, UK
Prior to joining DuPont, Simon Herriott was General Manager for Avecia Inc.’s water treatment business from 1998 to 2004. He started his career in the UK for ICI plc and, starting in 1993, for a spin-off firm, Zeneca, plc. He served in a series of supply chain, sales, marketing, and general leadership roles, culminating with two years as Commercial Director for Zeneca’s biocide business in Europe and the Asia Pacific region.