Vice President, MECS
An expert in sulfur recovery technologies, Steve is responsible for commercialization of new technologies and all technical aspects of sulfur management solutions for weak SO2 streams.
Areas of Specialization
- Regenerative scrubbers and DynaWave® wet scrubbers for flue gas desulphurization.
- Dry sulfuric acid plants
- Managed MECS’ catalyst and alloy products businesses
- Directly supervised engineers engaged in the design, construction and startup of sulfuric acid plants
Steve Puricelli has over 20 years of experience with MECS. Before joining MECS, Steve was an operating superintendent for a Toluene diisocyanate (TDI) unit, with full responsibility for day-to-day operation. This operating experience significantly influenced his philosophy when designing new plants.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration from Washington University, St Louis, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla, USA