MECS® ZeCor® Sulfuric Acid Plant Equipment
Our complete line of replacement equipment is fabricated with unique, corrosion-resistant MECS® ZeCor® alloys. We can customize our breakthrough products to your plant applications, and help you quickly and cost-effectively strengthen new or retrofit solutions.
Sulfuric acid plant equipment made with the ZeCor® family of alloys — exclusively available from MECS® — deliver superior corrosion resistance in a wide range of sulfuric acid concentrations, temperatures and applications. We specify our unique alloys in a variety of thicknesses to accommodate your specific corrosion requirements and enable quick, cost-effective sulfuric acid plant repairs. We can also retrofit ZeCor® products into brick-lined carbon steel vessels or other conventional application equipment, upgrading your sulfuric acid plant equipment to boost performance and eliminate weak links.
High-Performance, Corrosion-Resistant MECS® ZeCor® Alloys MECS® process knowledge and experience, combined with our uniquely corrosion-resistant ZeCor® alloys, allows us to deliver high-performing and cost-effective sulfuric acid plant equipment.
Packing Support Grids in ZeCor®
Packing Support Grids in ZeCor®-Z and ZeCor®-310M offer more than 80% open flow area, resulting in excellent gas distribution.
ZeCor® Piping Systems
ZeCor Piping Systems and Fittings come standard or custom-fabricated in various sizes, to quickly and cost-effectively upgrade or repair acid piping systems.
ZeCor® Towers can be shop-fabricated prior to plant shutdown and staged on site.
Brink® Fiber Beds
MECS® offers a complete line of Brink® mist eliminators and replacement equipment featuring ZeCor®.
A Lower-Cost Alloy
ZeCor® alloys are less expensive than other alloys, and comparable in cost with traditional, lower-performing materials, such as cast iron and brick-lined carbon steel. Most importantly, the ZeCor® lifecycle cost is the best available.
Proven Welding Process
MECS® uses a proprietary welding process with ZeCor® alloy filler. The resulting welds meet ASME Code Section IX and maintain full corrosion-resistant properties throughout.
ZeCor® alloys are lighter-weight and can be easily handled and welded on site by trained plant maintenance personnel, improving safety and reducing installation and maintenance time and costs.
A Complete Line of MECS® ZeCor® Replacement Products
ZeCor® replacement parts and sulfuric acid plant equipment help our clients quickly and cost-effectively strengthen weak links. We offer a complete line of ZeCor®-fabricated major components and accessories.
- Nozzle assemblies or sleeves are available in ZeCor®-Z, ZeCor®-310M and Zecor®-C to repair damage and significantly reduce the safety hazards of acid leaks.
- Inline Strainers are available, as well as side and bottom Outlet Nozzles with Vortex Breakers.
- Packing Support Grids in ZeCor®-Z and ZeCor®-310M are designed with more than 80% open flow area, resulting in excellent gas distribution, and can replace ceramic grid bars and locks.
- Prefabricated Grating makes handling and installation easier, while providing enhanced performance over ceramic systems.
- TowerGARD® Mesh Pads offer outstanding mesh pad mist elimination with a longer service life.
- UniFlo® Acid Distributors ensure uniform acid distribution and less pressure drop.
- Towers and Pump Tanks can be shop-fabricated prior to plant shutdown, and staged on site for insertion of UniFlo® Acid Distributors, Brink® Mist Eliminators, and tower packing such as WavePak™, which dramatically increases efficiency.
- Piping Systems and Fittings come standard or custom-fabricated in various sizes, to quickly and cost-effectively upgrade or repair acid piping systems.
Replacement Acid Cooler parts and our FILMGARD®-5 system can upgrade any existing anodic protection (AP) acid coolers with a common, centrally controlled system that monitors up to three coolers with one operator interface.
See how world-leading MECS® sulfuric acid plant and clean technologies benefit the fertilizer, metallurgical, refining, chemical and other industries.
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- MECS® Sulfuric Acid and Environmental Technologies
- IsoTherming® Hydroprocessing
- BELCO® Scrubber Technologies for SOx, NOx & Particulates
- STRATCO® Alkylation Technology
DuPont Operator Training Simulators (OTS)
We combine our technical expertise and owner/operator experience with our world-class safety culture to deliver a high-impact training program for your operators and engineers. By leveraging the power of DuPont’s high-fidelity dynamic process simulators students learn valuable troubleshooting and response skills in a realistic environment that models “cause and effect” relationships across the entire.