Strategic Control of Citrus Pests
Citrus pests including insects, disease and weeds can quickly reduce citrus yields while threatening long-term grove productivity. DuPont offers a complete portfolio of insect control, fungicide and herbicide products to help citrus growers continue to produce bountiful, nutritious crops.
Control Insects and Insect-Vectored Disease
DuPont™ Verimark™ and Exirel™ insect control support long-term grove viability by protecting crops from Asian citrus psyllid, which transmits huanglongbing (HLB) bacteria (the cause of citrus greening). Both are powered by Cyazypyr™, a single active ingredient that provides the flexibility to tailor IPM programs to meet specific pest-control needs.
- Improves plant establishment for a healthier, more resilient crop
- Helps prepare crops to deal with stress and disease
- Supports resistance management efforts
- Protects developing foliage and plants to produce a healthier, stronger crop
- Supports long-term orchard and grove viability
- Delivers plant protection that helps promote strong, healthy crops for consistently better yield and quality
Promote Root Health with Nematode Management
With Temik no longer available, DuPont™ Vydate® L insecticide/nematicide is an alternative in a pest-control program to help maintain root health and tree vigor necessary for the best citrus crops. Make it part of your integrated pest management strategy.
- Provides broad-spectrum control of citrus rust mites, citrus thrips, aphids,* leafhoppers* and citrus nematode activity (*for use on non-bearing citrus)
- Acts within minutes to stop pests from feeding
- Is systemic, with more accumulation in actively growing leaves and roots
Apply to Power of Copper to Disease Control
DuPont™ Kocide® 3000 fungicide/bactericide delivers the excellent performance citrus growers need to suppress citrus canker. And the advanced formulation of Kocide® 3000 provides more disease control for each pound of copper applied per acre, in contrast to standard copper products.
- Improved bioactivity for more disease control per pound of copper applied
- Improved control of visible diseases for more marketable fruit
- Easier cleanup than liquid copper formulations
Control Weeds for Optimal Tree Vigor
DuPont™ Krovar® I DF herbicide is an effective broad-spectrum, non-selective herbicide that can be applied to bare ground to reduce competition from unwanted weeds in citrus orchards.
The information provided on this website is for reference only. Always refer to the product labels for complete details and directions for use. The EPA registered label Exirel™ and Verimark™ contains the statement, “This product is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow to drift to blooming crops or weeds if bees are foraging in the treatment area.” DuPont™ Vydate® L is a restricted use pesticide.