Asana® XL Controls Cutworm in Corn
Don’t let insects get the best of your crop. Take control with DuPont™ Asana® XL insecticide. Asana® XL provides long-lasting control of labeled corn pests, including destructive cutworm, which means fewer insecticide applications each season. Its unique cottonseed oil formulation resists washoff and provides excellent stability, even under intense sunlight.
Application Recommendations for Cutworm Control in Corn
Apply Asana® XL when cutworms are less than ¾ inch long and 2 percent to 3 percent of plants are cut, or when cutworms are longer than 1 inch and 5 percent of plants are cut. Follow these recommendations for best results:
- For western bean cutworm, apply Asana® XL at the rate of 2.9 to 5.8 fluid ounces per acre.
- Apply before larvae enter the ear.
- For black cutworm, Asana® XL may be applied at 3.2 to 9.6 fluid ounces per acre when applied at planting (except in California).
- Do not apply more than 0.25 pounds ai per acre per season to field corn or seed corn.
- For popcorn and sweet corn, do not apply more than 0.5 pounds ai per acre per season.
Match Application to Your Needs
Asana® XL makes an effective tank-mix partner for cutworm control preemergence or postemergence.
- For black cutworm, Asana® XL may be applied at 3.2 to 9.6 fluid ounces per acre when applied at planting (except in California)
- Use as a preventive treatment before or at planting in fields that have a higher risk of cutworm infestation, such as no-till and high plant-residue fields. Mix Asana® XL with preemergence herbicides such as DuPont™ Breakfree® brands, DuPont™ Cinch® brands Abundit® Extra herbicide (for glyphosate-tolerant corn) or DuPont™ Prequel® herbicide(field corn only)
- Asana® XL is an excellent choice for postemergence applications in conjunction with a scouting program. Apply Asana® XL alone or in a tank mix with labeled postemergence herbicides such as DuPont™ Realm® Q, DuPont™ Resolve® Q or DuPont™ Steadfast® Q.
DuPont™ Asana® XL and DuPont™ Prequel® are restricted use pesticides.
The information provided on this website is for reference only. Always refer to the product labels for complete details and directions for use.