Potato Pest Control
Potato growers looking to produce consistent volumes of marketable potatoes can count on DuPont to help optimize yield and quality through reliable, consistent protection from key potato pests. The DuPont portfolio of potato-labeled products defends against a broad range of insects and nematodes, tough grasses, broadleaf weeds and certain disease vectors.
Insect and Nematode Protection
DuPont™ Vydate® C-LV insecticide/nematicide provides consistent protection of above- and below-ground pests, protecting and preserving the value of potato crops.
Vydate® C-LV Defends Against Key Foliar and Soil Pests
- Effective management of aphids, Colorado potato beetle, flea beetles, potato leafhopper, tarnished plant bug, two-spotted spider mites (suppression) and root knot (except Javanese), sting, lesion and stubby root nematodes (suppression).
- Foliar application translocates from foliage down to roots, protecting the entire plant
- Registered for foliar ground, overhead chemigation and aerial treatments
For best results with Vydate® C-LV, follow these recommendations:
- Follow label recommendations for control of foliar pests; aphids, flea beetles, etc., when they first appear.
- For suppression of nematodes, follow the recommended program outlined on the label.
- For maximum activity on nematodes, an at-plant soil application is recommended as the first application.
- For maximum crop protection from nematodes, additional applications every 14 days starting after emergence are recommended.
Breakthrough Mode of Action, Outstanding Insect Protection
DuPont™ Coragen® insect control and DuPont™ Asana® XL insecticide provide outstanding control of a broad range of major worm and beetle pests.
Achieve Reliable and Consistent Control With Coragen®
- Breakthrough mode of action protects against major worm pests such as potato tuberworm and cabbage looper, as well as Colorado potato beetle
- Long-lasting protection – up to 28 days*
- Insects stop feeding in minutes
- Minimal impact on beneficials**
- Excellent fit with IPM programs
- No secondary pest or mite flaring
- Ingestion and contact activity, as well as translaminar activity (into and across leaf tissue) when used in conjunction with a modified seed oil adjuvant
- Registered for foliar spray by ground, air and overhead chemigation
- Rainfast once spray has dried
DuPont™ Asana® XL Insecticide Controls Potato Pests
- Controls leafhoppers, potato psyllid, potato tuberworm, buckthorn aphid, cabbage looper, Colorado potato beetle***, cucumber beetle (adults), cutworms, European corn borer, fleabeetles, grasshoppers, potato aphid, potato leafhopper, tarnished plant bug, western yellow-striped armyworm and beet armyworm (as an aid in control)
- Ingestion and contact activity
- Long residual – resists washoff and does not lose effectiveness during high temperatures or under intense sunlight
- Insects stop feeding almost immediately
- Compatible in tank mixes with many common pesticides
Grass and Broadleaf Weed Control
DuPont™ Matrix® SG provides excellent preemergence and/or postemergence weed control and potato variety crop tolerance for cleaner fields and an easier harvest.
Improved Weed Control, Reduced Crop Stress
- Effective management of redroot pigweed, hairy nightshade†, kochia, volunteer barley and wheat, lambsquarters†, quackgrass†, Canada thistle† and many others****
- Can be used on all potato varieties, including metribuzin-sensitive varieties
- Wide application window with preemergence and postemergence options
- Registered for ground and air application †Do not apply by air in the state of California, except in Modoc or Siskiyou counties. Do not apply by air in the state of New York.
- Degrades quickly in the soil for crop rotation flexibility (see label guidelines)
- Low use rate of 1 to 1.5 ounces per acre
DuPont™ Tanos® fungicide is an economical solution to disease control in potatoes. For growers concerned about the spread of disease resistance, the multiple modes of action in Tanos® set the industry standard for resistance management. Tanos® continues to provide excellent control of Alternaria solani and Alternaria alternata, the causes of early blight and brown spot, respectively.
- Controls early blight (including F129L isolates), brown spot, black dot (suppression), bacterial stem rot (suppression), aerial stem rot (suppression), late blight
- Kills early blight spores, providing late-season protection from germinating spores
- No resistance issues
- Short re-entry interval – 12 hours
- Short preharvest interval – 14 days
*Depending on pest and application method, untreated plant material will not be fully protected as a result of plant growth.
**When used in accordance with label directions.
***Check with your local agricultural Extension agent, as susceptibility of Colorado potato beetle varies geographically.
****Not all possible combinations available have been tested. Performance among treatments will vary depending upon environmental conditions, tank mix partners and adjuvants.
Sencor is a registered trademark of Bayer CropScience. Eptam is a registered trademark of Gowan Company, L.L.C. Prowl is a registered trademark of BASF SE. Dual is a registered trademark of a Syngenta Group Company.
DuPont™ Asana® XL and DuPont™ Vydate® C-LV are restricted use pesticides.
The information provided on this website is for reference only. Always refer to the product labels for complete details and directions for use.