Proper Sprayer Cleanout Prevents Contamination
Proper sprayer cleanout is key to avoiding damage to non-target crops. After applying DuPont™ FeXapan™ herbicide Plus VaporGrip® Technology, triple-rinse sprayers and all sprayer components that come in contact with the spray solution, including tanks, pumps, hoses, connectors, screens, nozzle bodies and nozzles.
Prior to applying an approved dicamba for a labeled use:
- You must ensure that the entire spray system used to apply this product is clean before using this product (other dicamba products)
- Failure to properly clean the entire spray system can result in inadvertent contamination of the spray system
- Small quantities of dicamba may cause injury to non-dicamba tolerant soybeans or cotton and other susceptible crops
Sprayer Cleanout Process
Clean equipment immediately after using this product, using a triple rinse procedure described in detail, here and on the label:
1. Immediately after spraying, drain the sprayer (including boom and lines). Do not allow the spray solution to remain in the spray boom lines overnight prior to flushing.
2. Flush tank, hoses, boom and nozzles with clean water. If equipped, open boom ends and flush.
3. Inspect and clean all strainers, screens and filters.
4. Prepare a cleaning solution with a commercial detergent or sprayer cleaner or ammonia according to the manufacturer’s directions.
5. Take care to wash all parts of the tank, including the inside top surface. Start agitation in the sprayer and thoroughly recirculate the cleaning solution for at least 15 minutes. All visible deposits must be removed from the spraying system.
6. Flush hoses, spray lines and nozzles for at least 1 minute with the cleaning solution.
7. Remove nozzles, screens and strainers and clean separately in the cleaning solution after completing the above procedures.
8. Drain sump, filter and lines.
9. Rinse the complete spraying system with clean water.
10. Clean and wash off the outside of the entire sprayer and boom.
11. All rinse water must be disposed of in compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines.
Follow FeXapan™ stewardship guidelines to ensure effective weed control and to minimize risk of off-target herbicide movement.
DuPont™ FeXapan™ is a restricted-use pesticide.
DuPont™ FeXapan™ herbicide Plus VaporGrip™ Technology is not registered in all states. See your DuPont retailer or representative for availability in your state.
The information provided on this website is for reference only. Always refer to the product labels for complete details and directions for use.