Cucurbit Insect Control Strategies
Cucurbit growers benefit from enhanced cucurbit insect control when they partner DuPont™ Verimark® insect control powered by Cyazypyr® and Coragen® insect control powered by Rynaxypyr®. Both feature a breakthrough mode of action to protect crop quality and yield.
Verimark® Helps Crops Start Strong
Used early in the season, Verimark® protects the plant early to help improve crop establishment and vigor, resulting in a stronger crop in the field and a more appealing crop at harvest.
Cross-Spectrum Insect Control
- Verimark® is the first in its class to control a cross-spectrum of sucking and chewing pests through systemic activity.
- Key pests controlled include whiteflies, psyllids, aphids, leafminers, loopers, thrips, beetles and Lepidopteran species.
Stronger Crops, Bigger Yields
- Field trials show that a drench application of Verimark® followed by foliar sprays with alternating modes of action produce more high-quality squash when compared to a standard grower program.
- The Verimark® program resulted in a 70-fold yield increase over an untreated plot and a 1.7-fold yield increase over the Admire Pro program.
- The Verimark® program was most effective at reducing whitefly damage — as indicated by lower silverleaf ratings and increased squash yield — even under heavy insect pressure.
Enhanced Market Appeal
- Better cucurbit insect control with Verimark® provides a visible difference in fruit quality.
- The Verimark® program yielded fruit with a higher color grade than squash harvested from the standard grower block.
Coragen® Protects Crop Quality and Yield Until Harvest
Coragen® delivers remarkable protection against key biting and chewing pests. Growers can optimize yield and quality by achieving reliable, consistent control of key cucurbit insect pests.*
Exceptional Control of Major Worm Pests
- Controls beet armyworm, cabbage looper, leafminers (larvae), melon worm, silverleaf whitefly (nymph suppression) and more**
- Insects stop feeding in minutes
- No mite or secondary pest flaring
- Long-lasting protection – 14 to 21 days and longer***
- Rainfast once spray is dry
- Shortest re-entry interval – 4 hours
- Short pre-harvest interval – 1 day
- Registered for drip and foliar spray for cucurbits (ground and air)
Excellent Environmental Profile
- Minimal impact on beneficials
- Excellent fit with IPM programs
The EPA registered label contains the statement, “DuPont™ Verimark® is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow to drift to blooming crops or weeds if bees are foraging the treatment area.”
*See product label for crop/pest combinations controlled or suppressed.
**Control of Liriomyza species except suppression only for L. huidabrensis and L. langei.
***Depending on application method, untreated plant material may not be fully protected as a result of plant growth.
Admire is a registered trademark of Bayer CropScience.
Verimark® and Coragen™ are IRAC group 28 compounds. To support your insect resistance management strategy, avoid using the same mode of action (same insecticide group) on successive generations of insect pests.
The information provided on this website is for reference only. Always refer to the product labels for complete details and directions for use.