Lasting Pepper Insect Control
As IPM program partners, Verimark® and Coragen® help growers produce stronger, more resilient crops to enhance yield and quality. Both provide valuable options for resistance management in spray programs that include DuPont™ Lannate® LV, DuPont™ Lannate® SP, DuPont™ Vydate® L, and DuPont™ Avaunt®.
Verimark® gets crops off to a strong start
Verimark® features a new mode of action that works quickly to protect crops from a cross spectrum of sucking and chewing pepper pests. Applied through transplant water, tray drench, drip chemigation or soil injection, Verimark® helps growers get pepper crops off to a strong start, creating an opportunity for improved yield.
- Helps manage highly prolific and difficult-to-control pests, including whiteflies, thrips, aphids, psyllids, leafminers, pepper weevil and several lepidopteran pest species.
- Translocates from roots to leaves and redistributes as leaves expand, selectively controlling pests that feed on plant tissues without disrupting beneficial populations.
- Demonstrated an average yield advantage of 9.1 percent as compared to the grower standard, in large plot tests conducted in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Controlled early and midseason populations of immature whiteflies (PDF) better than the grower standard, even under the heaviest infestation of white adults in nearly a decade in southern Georgia.
Coragen® protects crops in season
Coragen® uses a breakthrough mode of action to deliver remarkable protection against biting and chewing pepper insect pests. An excellent environmental profile, flexible application and long residual control make Coragen® a valuable IPM partner for in-season pepper insect control.
- Controls beet armyworm, European corn borer, many leafminers (larvae), loopers, tomato fruitworm, tomato pinworm, western yellowstriped armyworm, silverleaf whitefly (nymph suppression) and more (see product label for crop/pest combinations controlled or suppressed)
- Insects stop feeding in minutes
- No mite or secondary pest flaring
- Long-lasting protection – 14 to 21 days and longer (depending on application method, untreated plant material may not be fully protected as a result of plant growth)
- Rainfast when spray is dry
- Shortest re-entry interval (4 hours) and shortest preharvest interval (1 day)
- Registered for drip and foliar spray (ground and air)
- Minimal impact on beneficials when applied at label rates
- Partners with DuPont™ Tanos® fungicide for enhanced disease control
Choose a Pepper Insect Control Program to Meet Your Needs
Verimark® program using drip chemigation or injection rig application
- Vydate® L drip or injection applications every 10 to 14 days after planting (DAP) for nematode suppression
- Verimark® two drip or two injection applications at 14 and 28 DAP (30-day residual)
- Vydate® L foliar application for pepper weevil control
- Lannate® for thrips control
- Alternate Avaunt® and Lannate® for lepidopteran control
Verimark® program using at-plant application
- Verimark® transplant water or tray drench
- Vydate® L drip or injection applications every 10 to 14 DAP for nematode suppression
- Alternate Avaunt® for lepidopteran control, Lannate® for lepidopteran cleanup and thrips control, Vydate® L foliar application for pepper weevil control
- Coragen® (one application) for key lepidopteran control
Coragen® program using foliar or drip chemigation
- Avaunt® 7 to 21 DAP for key lepidopteran control
- Coragen® two foliar applications first at 21 to 35 DAP; second at 35 to 49 DAP for key lepidopteran and leafminer control
- Coragen® two drip applications for key lepidopteran and leafminer control
- Alternate Avaunt®, Lannate®, Vydate® L 49 to 70 DAP
- Coragen® 70 to 84 DAP for key lepidopteran control
The information provided on this website is for reference only. Always refer to the product labels for complete details and directions for use.
DuPont™ Lannate® LV, Lannate® SP, Vydate® L are restricted-use pesticides.
See product label for specific guidance regarding insecticide resistance management practices; avoid using the same mode of action on consecutive generations of insect pests.
The EPA-registered label for Verimark® contains the statement, “This product is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow to drift to blooming crops or weeds if bees are foraging the treatment area.”