Sweet Corn Insecticide Guide
The right insect control choice makes all the difference. That’s why, year after year, more sweet corn growers in the southeastern United States choose DuPont for solutions that control damaging pests.
Know Your Enemies
These common sweet corn pests can reduce yield and profit:
- Corn earworm
- Fall armyworm
- European corn borer
- Beet armyworm
Sweet Corn Success
Protecting quality and yield effectively can occur if the right insect control products are applied at the right time.
DuPont™ Coragen® insect control
- Stops insect feeding within minutes
- Keeps working for 14 to 21 days to reduce the number of treatments
- Helps break the insect resistance cycle through a unique mode of action
- Provides effective control of all major worms pests, including European corn borer, corn earworm and armyworm (beet and fall)
- Minimal impact on beneficials
- Works through ingestion, contact and ovi-larvicidal properties
- Short re-entry period (four hours) and a 1-day pre-harvest interval (one day)
- Effective immediately on a wide range of insects attracted to sweet corn
- Easy-to-use formulations: Lannate® LV (liquid) and Lannate® SP (water-soluble bags)
DuPont™ Asana® XL insecticide
- Provides corn silkfly activity when applied directly to the ear zone
- Staying power even in rain or intense sun
- Thorough coverage when plants are small
DuPont™ Avaunt® insecticide
- Provides broad-spectrum control of Lepidoptera species
- Controls pests through a novel mode of action
- Has minimal impact on beneficial insects and mites
DuPont™ Lannate® LV, Lannate® SP and Asana® XL are restricted use pesticides.
The information provided on this website is for reference only. Always refer to the product labels for complete details and directions for use.