Adhesive Optical Bonding Technology Enhances Display Performance
Vertak® enables cost effective bonded displays that provide superior results, even under the most extreme conditions.
DuPont™ Vertak® bonding technology combines an innovative lamination process with an industry-leading proprietary adhesive to optically bond an anti-reflective glass, plastic or touch sensor directly to the front of an LCD display. Vertak® Reworkable Adhesives bonding technology enhances display performance by improving sunlight readability up to 400% and impact and scratch resistance up to 300%. It is ideal for use in consumer and industrial applications requiring outdoor viewability and the durability to withstand impact, vibration, extreme temperatures, altitudes and dust.
Manufacturing site in Towanda, PA USA
- 680,000 Square foot manufacturing site with 550+ employees
- Specialized photopolymer and polymer systems as well as fine particle dispersions
- Responsible for the manufacture of Vertak™ adhesives products
- Site ISO 9001/14001 certified site and R&D laboratories running 24/7
Additional Information (5)
- DuPont™ Vertak® Optical Bonding Technology Overview (PDF)
- DuPont™ Vertak® UV Cure Products Portfolio (PDF)
- Vertak® Adhesives Handing & Process Guidelines (PDF)
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Vertak® bonding technology has been shown to dramatically improve a display’s ability to withstand impact and harsh environmental extremes.
Vertak® bonding technology eliminates the air gap between the reflective surfaces of the cover glass and the LCD and allows for reductions in reflectance and the number of anti-reflective treatments needed.
RELATED DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Using an innovative process that enables high throughput and minimal production time and proprietary adhesive, DuPont provides cost-effective bonded displays that provide superior results, even under the most extreme conditions.
DuPont licenses its industry-leading Vertak® bonding technology to LCD and touch panel manufacturers who are looking to launch new bonding operations with low barriers to entry.